Virgin Mobile

Any updates on a release date for the Moto G6 Play?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Any updates on a release date for the Moto G6 Play?

Motorola confirmed via press release last month that the new Moto G6 Play would be coming to Virgin Mobile:

https://blog.motorola.com/2018/04/19/unlimit-yourself-with-the-new-moto-g6-and-moto-e5/

"The new moto g6 play will be available in the U.S. prepaid at Boost Mobile, Cricket Wireless (moto g6 forge), Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile and postpaid at AT&T." (emphasis added)

Virgin Mobile's sister company, Boost Mobile, launched their branded Moto G6 Play last week

https://www.boostmobile.com/phones/moto-g6-play.html

Are there any updates on a release date for the Virgin Mobile branded version?  On can anyone confirm if it's *not* coming to Virgin Mobile?  Given the uncertainty with the VM iPhone rebranding and the pending T-Mobile merger, I've been putting off upgrading my phone until VM releases an Android 8.0 Oreo one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Any updates on a release date for the Moto G6 Play?

@VMU_MasielQ Thanks. I'll report to the news outlets that posted the incorrect Moto G6 Play information that Virgin Mobile won't be releasing any new Android phones.

13 REPLIES 13
Whiz Kid

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting this news as well. It can be very frustrating being a Virgin Mobile customer feeling completely left in the dark about this type of information.
Agent

Good morning, jalbert82 and Hedied4me! Our apologies for the late reply!

We don’t have any news to share about that just yet.

Please stay in touch with us here!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Whiz Kid

Absolutely the worst cell phone company in the US an the worst customer service ever. We have been hearing for many months, "Just wait, we will be announcing something in the works with Boost Mobile". How is it that boost mobile has released this phone and there is not even a small amount of information you can give us on a release date. Beyond the most frustrating thing. I have to leave your service.
Agent

@Hedied4me, we are truly sorry, we are requesting an update to see when this phone will be available.

Enthusiast

That's the state of things at Virgin Mobile as of late. Sprint gives boost priority over Virgin Mobile in all regards. Boost used to carry Virgin phones in all their stores. Now they dumped them all. Nothing. Boost wont even let you swao from Virgin to them without buying a device,activation fee and then plan. Unlike users from other carriers making the switch who get a free device offer. Virgin users are offered nothing. Its as if Sprint doesn't even want to own Virgin anymore. It was better under Richard Branson anyway.
Whiz Kid

And if that wasnt enough you cant even bring your phone number to Boost Mobile if you did want to switch. Virgin Mobile is holding our phone numbers hostage. Beyond frustrating. I cant wait to get away from this company!!
Whiz Kid

Well after being a Virgin Mobile customer since 2011, ya'lls iphone only crap has finally pissed off another customer. I would have gladly stayed had this phone been released, but alas I am going. Farewell Virgin

Hey there, Hedied4me! We are terribly sorry you feel this way. We will still provide services and support to our Android customers, including access to MyAccount, software update pushes, customer service and top-up card redemption. We still offer Android devices. Check them out here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/#!/shop/phones/  We still offer our Data Love plans. You can find these plans here: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/beyond-talk.html

Enthusiast

@VMU_MasielQ Is this a confirmation then? that Virgin Mobile USA *won't* be launching any new Android devices?

Just to be clear, the replies from Hedied4me aren't related to my original post, and I'm still waiting on confirmation.