Virgin Mobile

Can't Unlock Moto G3

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Can't Unlock Moto G3

I had VM service for several years and asked for an unlock code. I was provided a 6 digit code (which btw seems short) but didn't have a non-VM CDMA card to test.

I have since returned to VM but today attempted to use a non-VM CDMA sim card (Verizon) to see if I could get the Moto G3 to unlock. I removed the VM card, inserted a Tracfone CDMA card, and powered up the phone.

I cannot get the Sim Network Unlock page to appear after inserting the non-VM sim card and powering on the phone.  I have searched the Internet but have found no way to get the unlock page to appear.

Please provide instructions on how to open the unlock window. I'd also like some assurance that a 6 digit code is indeed the proper length to unlock the VM Moto G3 should I be so lucky as to get to the unlock window.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: Can't Unlock Moto G3

Via PM several VM personnel assisted me with this issue. The phone was unlocked on the VM side and I did not have to enter an unlock code on the phone itself.

Thank you for the excellent and timely support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hi There! Sorry to hear you're having issues unlocking your Moto G3.  Please send us a Private Message, and we'll be glad to help out with this!

Whiz Kid

Via PM several VM personnel assisted me with this issue. The phone was unlocked on the VM side and I did not have to enter an unlock code on the phone itself.

Thank you for the excellent and timely support.

View solution in original post

Agent

Hi, vm305! We're glad that we could help resolve your issue. Thank you for being part of our Virgin Mobile Family!

Enthusiast

Good evening guys. I'm trying to unlock my phone (Moto G3) from Tesco mobile in order to take my new Sky mobile Sim card. I've bought an unlock code online, but when I turn my phone off, insert my sim card, and then power it back up, I'm not getting the 'unlock prompt code screen' at all. So I'm unable to put my code in. Is there another way to bring this screen up? Or can I reset/restart my phone so that the unlock code prompt screen will show up. Then I can use my unlock code at last. Thanks guys,

Agent

Hi there, @imenz! Thank you very much for reaching out to us. 

We can only unlock Virgin Mobile USA phones. As your cell phone seems to be from another carrier, we suggest you to get in contact with them. If you have any question, just let us know. We remain at your service.