Virgin Mobile

Is 3G Secure

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Is 3G Secure

Hello. I just purchased my very first Android phone through Virgin Mobile. Can anyone tell me if the 3G connection I have is secure? I've researched this question and I get various answers from yes, no, and maybe Smiley Surprised. By secure, I mean is it safe to enter my passwords and credit card number as it goes over the 3G cellular connection? Thank you for your response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Is 3G Secure

Good morning Margaret and thank you for contacting us!

When it comes to safety while navigating through the Internet, you need to check the security level that each website has. Rather than on what network you use to navigate (3G or 4G LTE), this is where most of the issues lie; on the security level of each site.

You can identify this security certificate or security level by looking at the bottom-left corner of the URL address bar; there you should see a green lock icon, meaning that the site you're visiting is safe.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions about this topic. At your service!

RB-1991 (Robert).

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Is 3G Secure

Good morning Margaret and thank you for contacting us!

When it comes to safety while navigating through the Internet, you need to check the security level that each website has. Rather than on what network you use to navigate (3G or 4G LTE), this is where most of the issues lie; on the security level of each site.

You can identify this security certificate or security level by looking at the bottom-left corner of the URL address bar; there you should see a green lock icon, meaning that the site you're visiting is safe.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions about this topic. At your service!

RB-1991 (Robert).