Virgin Mobile

Is the message to us Android users "drop dead"?

Enthusiast

Is the message to us Android users "drop dead"?

Honestly, I think you guys are blowing it ... again! First your brand was a carrier for smart consumers who wanted the maximum bang for their buck. Then you became the young carrier, for teens but it even seemed like you were mostly targetting tweens with your music service and just annoying the rest of us with all your bloatware.
Now that you go with Apple, you're forced into their niche: self-styled artists and intellectuals who show they "think different" by snapping up the latest offering from Cupertino.
I really don't care ... I've put up with the previous changes because I live in an area where the Sprint network has the only decent indoor signal and you were the cheap carrier on the Sprint network.
But the message you're sending to us Android users now with your iPhone mania is:
DROP DEAD.
You have no use for us, you are not interested in marketing to us, and, yes, if we insist on hanging around you will condescend to take out money but no, there will be no new plans for us, no new special offers, and no new accounts. Sure, you'll still sell us phones (while supplies last) but no, there will be no more new Android phones offered on Virgin.

Shocked by your anouncement, I was forced to research carriers and --oh happy day!-- discovered that Boost Mobile is also on the Sprint network.

I just got a new phone a couple of months ago and will stay on Virgin for a while. But if you don't reverse course the day it breaks or I get tired of it you'll be losing a customer that's been with you ever since you offered your first Android phone many years ago. 

9 REPLIES 9
Whiz Kid

Re: Is the message to us Android users "drop dead"?

No reply from a customer service rep....that is answer enough! They will lose business from those of us who refuse to buy apple products!
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, thanks for contacting us. As mentioned before, you can keep your current plan and even activate Android phones. You can even access the previous website pages for cellphones and price plan shop  if you login with your phone number and PIN.

We remain at your service. Please, let us know if you have any question.

Heavy Hitter

What dont you corporate level associates not understand.  You are shoving iphones down peoples throats.  THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE!!!  I will not be sticking with Virgin Mobile.   

Enthusiast

An update from another thread asking if I could open a new Android account for my son:
"Only existing accounts will be able to purchase Android phones." So that's it. The message for us Android users definitely is

DROP DEAD

Whiz Kid

I think that the virgin mobile website is speaking for itself.  If VM really cared about its Android customers, we wouldn't have to search to find anything about Android phones.  What a shame since we have been VM customers since 2004.   I guess when my phone dies, I will go to another carrier.  Sorry VM.

Agent

Good morning chuckledoodle and thank you for sharing your thoughts with the Virgin Mobile Community.

We certainly care about our Android users too, and we're sorry to know you've felt this way. To better work this out, please send us a private message including your mobile number and PIN.

The idea is to find the best solution for this situation, with the goal to make you feel satisfied and valued as part of Virgin Mobile USA.

Looking forward to your reply!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Heavy Hitter

Hey guys I get being frustrated, but virgin mobile is the same as boost mobile. Same company, same customer service and same phone service. Why would a company continue to make everything the same with 2 different brands? Don't like it? Just go to boost. It's even the same customer service people answering queations online. But if youare going to complain about virgin don't "take your business to boost". You haven't taken your business anywhere.
Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

"Drop Dead" is most certainly not our message.  More details on Android and Virgin Mobile going forward.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
Whiz Kid

VM must be wanting to cut their own throats.   Apple makes garbage.   I've had friends and worked with SO many people who were suckered into getting an iphone and they HATE it!   Nothng but problems from day one!  Pieces of garbage for sure!

VM must be getting a HUGE kickback from Apple for them to screw over customers like this!

Sad really.  I've been with VM pretty much for 15 or more years, and now they kick me in the face like this?

Wow, what a way to treat your customers.