Virgin Mobile phones on Assurance Wireless?

Highlighted
Agent

Re: Virgin Mobile phones on Assurance Wireless?

Hey there, @Obsandi! Please contact Assurance Wireless at 1-888-321-5880.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Do you have a solution to this issue if I call the number you provided? I have a little bit of time today to set up a new phone for my roommate, but I do not have time to waste. Thank you for replying.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, Obsandi! Please contact Assurance Wireless:

Mail
 Assurance Wireless
 P.O. Box 686
 Parsippany, NJ 07054
Phone
 1-888-898-4888
Email
ourteam@assurancewireless.com

for assistance with your concern.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

This list is great. Why did Tech service department just tell me minutes ago only Alcatel and Unimax work?

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, carrieobrien. This phones could be compatible with the service:

===================

FEATURE PHONES

===================

Alcatel OneTouch Cinch

Jax

Jax S1360

Loft

LG200

===================

ANDROID PHONES

===================

Kyocera Event

Samsung Galaxy Ring

ZTE Awe

ZTE Reef

ZTE Quest

We hope this information will help. Let us know if you have any question.

Whiz Kid

I've been a customer of Assurance Wireless since 2010-2011 and was initially sent the little brick phone. I switched to an LG Rumor Touch about a year later and have been trying to upgrade to newer phones given to me by family members. Assurance wireless webpage displays all these phones to choose from to swap out just to tell you "sorry this phone os not compatible with Assurance wireless platform". Then there was the note that only "Pay-lo" phones are compatible. Now Virgin Mobile offers NO phones to swap out for Assurance wireless customers.  I just recently helped my mom get a phone from Safelink  (an android) ZTE Z798BL and I was actually jealous that Safelink is supplying their customers with such nice phones. I was given an LG Stylo phone that I would LOVE to use with Assurance but it'll be another phone sitting in my drawer collecting cobwebs with the other LG smartphones in my drawer. I appreciate the free phone service and phone but just because we are low income doesn't mean we don't want to be in the loop with the rest of society (like our local food banks giving out expired veggies and dairy products and we're supposed to be thankful for rotten food and milk). And please don't give me any numbers to call Assurance because it all falls on the deaf ears of a foreigner from another country who does not comprehend the english language. If you wanna give me something, hold Assurance wireless accountable for giving out phones that are no longer available/obsolete and start letting their customers use what phones are donated to them by family and friends.

Highlighted
Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Patrizia1965. Please contact Assurance Wireless through the Assurance Wireless Twitter or Facebook profile for proper assistance on this matter.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Wow,  I just got the ZTE quest last night.   the first two incoming callers were telemarketers, and anyone else calling the phone causes an immediate hard crash... what an unmitigated POS.

I should also add that it only holds a charge for between 4 and 5 hours.

This phone is barely functional as a phone, and useless as a "smart" phone.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Virgin Mobile phones on Assurance Wireless? Everyone experiencing these issuse's with assurance

File a complaint with the better buisness ....  Assurance Wireless Suck's

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

My husband wanted to upgrade his phone to an android phone and we bought a Virgin Mobile phone to switch his service to. (he had Virgin Mobile Paylo phones before and never had a problem.)  We were asvised by the reps at Assurance Wireless that they are no longer using Virgin Mobile phones as they now use Sprint coverage and phones. We have very poor Sprint service where we live and have had them send 2 different Unimax phones. The service is so bad we could not even activate the phones and sent them back. We never had a problem with the Virgin Mobile Paylo phones and my husband had service everywhere with them.  I have since been advised that Virgin Mobile is going to only iphones so this is why we have had such a hard time finding a VM Paylo phone. We are really disappointed as we really like the Virgin Mobile phones and the way they work/service. I guess it's time to go to Safelink and let Assurance worry about losing customers due to lousy phones and service.