Virgin Mobile phones on Assurance Wireless?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Virgin Mobile phones on Assurance Wireless?

Is this list definite? I have seen all sorts of phones listed such as a ZTE Tempo ( not Tempo X ) which has bad reviews. I'm looking at a Kyocera Event which has fair reviews but don't want to buy unless I'm sure it is assurance wireless compatible. It has been frustrating for me as the lists seem to change all the time. I want to switch to an android and do away with my home internet service as all I do is bill pay and check news and FB online.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey larrycope. below find the phones that are compatible with the Assurance, aside from the free phone provided.

ZTE Quest time.

Coolpad 3300,

Unimax 673,

ZTE Tempo

Kyocera Hydro Reach

Rising Star

I bought the Kyocera Hydro Reach and it doesn't work with assurance wireless. Thanks for kiting me into spending money on crap I can't use.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Well Niw I just asked for a ZTE to replace my UMX.  I had two UMX phone practically IGNITE in my pocket!!!  TRUE.  So I refused another UMX.  The rep did ascertain that UMX phones have a defective bug in them.  He told me they have now a decent phone.  I am afraid to get another so I begged for ZTE.  I just finished my conversation with him.  I will be getting the ZTE I am sure of it.  Now I read how horrible and clunky the ZTE is.  I am afraid I have made a mistake!!!  Oh dear.

HELP.  Does anyone have anything good to say about the ZTE provided by Assurance Wireless?

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I read your letter and it is my story too.  I did deal with Safelink for my mom.  She was sent a ZTE so easy to use.  It is such a nice phone.  My mom being 92 could not comprehend the technology of the phone.  I purchase a trackphone model that was not an android, but an older type "flip-phone'.  So I had her ZTE.  I was sure I could put my Assutrance account on it.  My UMX alsmost started a fire in my pocket.  I hate the UMX.  It ids horrible.  So I even had to purchase it because it was too soon for an upgrade.  Now O just got off phone with rep who promised me a ZTE.  Did I go from bad to worse?????  Why would it not be as nice as the ZTE provided by Safelink?   Oh  I am poor, and disbaled and yes old too.  I cannot afford a cellular account.  I have to accept the "crumbs" offered.  I could not believe your letter.  As I said...my story too.  In want to say I asked Safelink if I could switch to them.  They said the process would take a year!!!!

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I just bought a phone from Walmart because mine broke it was the zte tempo x and is listed on the website and I got it home and it wouldn't active assurance gave me an error saying it won't work with assurance so where do I buy one locally instead of not having to order it online or get that same zte that I was given originally.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @Po3bowers! Please contact Assurance Wireless at 1-888-321-5880 for this matter.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

howdy. looks like they are still denying folks.  all they will let you buy is a unimax or a quest.. both are crap own 3 different phones now.. service is great.. phones are crap.. cant even dial 911 in a emergency without having to pull battery and reboot phone hard....  factory resets dont work and is a pain to reload everything to have same result.   virgin mobile stockholders are going to love that people are lining up with money in hand to buy a phone from virgin and they say no... we dont want your money for our phones... straight up ...  that is a big problem... big..

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

it is crap as well.  it locks up half as much as umx it wont move apps to sd runs out of memory for anything  you cant have but 2 or 3 items installed...  they wont let us buy a quality phone like a samsung j3 or galaxy.... money in hand and they refuse to make some kind of money other than a government check....  tell stockholders call radio shows that talk stocks..   get it out there virgin mobile is refusing to sell phones to customers and thus hurt the stockholders interests..  

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

you just saved me $45. I wanted to go buy this phone today but decide to do some more research, lucky i saw this post.