Virgin Mobile phones on Assurance Wireless?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Virgin Mobile phones on Assurance Wireless?

i want to switch to Safelink also but they said i cant until 11/29/18

Highlighted
Enthusiast

The ZTE Quest is worthless.

Whiz Kid

I am so frustrated with this Assurance Wireless mess.  I just turned on my service a few months ago (cannot change my lifeline provider for a year) and of course received the stock phone (ZTE N817) Quest. Well, I am truly grateful for the service because I am low income/disabled and cannot afford a monthly bill.  However, I am not pleased with the Quest and would like to invest in a better handset.  I've done some internet searches, calls to Assurance Wireless, and calls to Virgin Mobile, just to receive conflicting information as I've read in previous posts.  This is INSANE! When I email Assurance Wireless, I am told the only handset available is the Unimax, that I read here, Explodes and catches fire. When I call Assurance Wireless I am given several different answers, depending on who answers the call.  Also INSANE!!! I've been directed to the Virgin Mobile website to buy a Pay Lo phone that does not exist.  I was told the ZTE Tempo is compatible, then told it WAS NOT COMPATIBLE. I found an updated list of Assurance Wireless phones and when I call to verify before wasting my money and time, I am told the model is not compatible.  Come on Assurance Wireless!!!! What gives???  If you are on the Virgin Mobile network, why won't their products work for your customers.  No one wants the Unimax/UMX exploding or burning in their pockets.  Although we are low income, doesn't mean we have to stay behind in times.  The purchase of a better phone would be a better option than having to replace an outdated handset or taking your chances at burning up or burning down your home..  INSANE!!!!!

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Dmarie! Please contact Assurance Wireless at 1-888-321-5880 for assistance.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Don't you understand they don't know what they're doing?! It is frustrating! I have kids! I need a phone that works and I can dial from when I need to without taking out the battery, rebooting and praying it comes on! What if something happens at their school but no one can get a hold of my because of this joke of a phone UNIMAX?! Gives us a phone that works!
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, Chriskav! Please contact Assurance Wireless at 1-888-321-5880 for assistance with your request.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Assurance is 100 percent free duhh
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Absolutely agree it's only good for calls and messages but the rest is rediculous and the free government program was designed to help unemployed low income find a job , ? I can see some poor pregnant single mother trying to use maps which usually crashes or AAA which doesn't work or at a bus stop trying to Google a bus schedule even worse to get an Uber or Lyft to the delivery room yeah and Uber crashes so does Lyft ok so why don't they just go ahead and kick and stomp the bitch cause all they are doing is kicking the poor further down into the gutters with this ghetto ass phone some oportunist is making money off of and someone invented the programs to make these " not work well " and that was to sell the iPhone 1 then **bleep** that up to sell the iPhone 2 then hire a team to make it not work and sell an iPhone 3 that will implode then a 4 then change all the services to gsm only and not cdma which the iPhone 3 was only capable of and only offer service for gsm cdma vise versa all up and down as the dumpsters fill.
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I just talked to an Assurance Wireless Representative and was told all of the above phones listed ARE compatible with their service.  So for anyone having a problem, perhaps should contact Assurance Wireless and find out what to do.

Here is the list of Assurance Wireless compatible phones i was given today April 6, 2018:

ZTE QUEST

ZTE TEMPO

ZTE TEMPO X

AN SUL 40

UNIMAX 673

KYOCERA HYDRO REACH

COOLPAD 3300

ALCATEL DAWN

AND these phones can be purchased, i was told, at Walmart and Target just to name two.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I was told that I could not buy virgin mobilr Paylo phones from Walmart at all. I was told even tho they are on the Compatbilre list and are virgin mobile.. that no matter what any phones purchased at Walmart would not work! Has anyone ever heard that?