Virgin Mobile

moto g 3rd gen update

Whiz Kid

moto g 3rd gen update

Posting 1st time because have had 2015 moto g 3rd gen for a few months, purchased from VM website. Works good for budget phone. But has anyone else had good experience for android update lollipop to marshmallow.

Tried many times, "no update available", contacted VM customer service and Motorola customer care. Even used device support driver available from Motorola connect phone to pc via usb cable, and still "no update available."

This is discouraging because the updates are out there, even Marshmallow is old now.

When I bought this phone it was advertised to be able to update to marshmallow but Virgin Mobile is blocking it. Can anyone help???

2 REPLIES 2
Whiz Kid

Re: moto g 3rd gen update

I agree, I would like to see VM roll out the marshmallow update for Moto G 3rd gen.  It was advertised as being updateable but VM hasn't gotten it's act together.  What gives VM?

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: moto g 3rd gen update

I got the Marshmallow update on my Virgin mobile Moto G (3rd gen) phone, went out and bought a 64 GB SD card, had the phone adopt the card, only to find out that Virgin mobile won't truly allow the internal storage to spill out onto the SD card.  I got rid of all of my apps and now am out of room and can't have more than 3 or 4 apps without running out of room.  Apps can't be moved to SD card.  I'm very disappointed and actually going to switch to a premium carrier because of this kind of crap.