Virgin Mobile

ANS UL40 Battery Discharges Fast

Whiz Kid

ANS UL40 Battery Discharges Fast

I just received an ANS UL40 from Assurance Wireless. I am a heavy-duty computer user, but not so much a smartphone user. I noticed that the battery of my mobile phone discharges fast.

I charge it every day. I don’t use the phone overnight, but the battery discharges! I have to repeat the tedious (and annoying!) process of recharging the battery… again… and again… I see the battery was charged at 100%, but it drops to 95% as soon as I start the phone… it gives me sometimes just 2 hours of usage (a notification says!) It is not usable at all! What gives?

Advice is highly appreciated.

Ion Saliu

“A good man is an axiomatic man; an axiomatic man is a happy man. Be axiomatic!”

23 REPLIES 23
Agent

Re: ANS UL40 Battery Discharges Fast

Hi there, Parpaluck! That may indicate that the phone is defective. Please contact Assurance Wireless directly to discuss the repair or replacement of the phone. You can call them directly at 888-321-5880, or send them an email at ourteam@assurancewireless.com.

Enthusiast

My phone did the same thing before it began regularly overheating (despite use of CPU cooling software). It eventually actually shocked me and simply turns on and off in cycle.
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, @CACopas. It's probably that the device is defective. We recommend you contact Assurance Wireless support for more assistance with the phone. You can contact them using the following information:

-Toll-free number 1-888 321-5880
-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AssuranceWireless/
-Twitter: @AssuranceCell  

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Have only had my ANS UL40 a couple days and I too have noticed it discharges very rapidly . The back of phone is getting really hot as well. Would like to be able to swap it out for the ZTE Prestige 2.
Agent

Hi,@cwaxsom. Really sorry about the trouble. Just to confirm, are you an Assurance Wireless customer?

Whiz Kid

i agree with papa there and everyone else who has that model cause i even have one too it even takes me to a black screen when im watching a twitch.tv streamers then when the lock screen appears it does want to swipe up to unlock  

Whiz Kid

these ANS UL40 models need to be disscontinued because of how defective they are 

Agent

Hey there, @gamer36! Please contact Assurance Wireless support for more assistance with the phone. You can contact them using the following information:

-Toll-free number 1-888 321-5880
-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AssuranceWireless/
-Twitter: @AssuranceCell  

-E-mail: ourteam@assurancewireless.com

I have the same problem the phone overheats and will not hold a charge,I contacted the company but all they do is send the same exact phone to me I am now sending back my 3rd phone to them I just think the brand they are using as a replacement is not very good,maybe one day Ill have a phone again that works. I have already facebooked them and talked to the tech now I am waiting for my phone the tech told me it would be the same one,I have to replace my phone because the battery is built in. and why they are sending the same brand that doesent work I do not understand so contacting assurance wireless/virgin mobile is not helpful you would think Sir Richard Branson would get a decent cell phone manufacture that made safe phones that worked  and did not overheat ,or one that would hold a charge.