Virgin Mobile

ANS UL40 Battery Discharges Fast

Whiz Kid

Re: ANS UL40 Battery Discharges Fast

Cannot believe this, assurance is rediculous! Swore them off last time with all the lies!
The manual claims ul40, but phone about says l50!
Immediately the phone started what everyone is complaining about. Fast discharge and EVERYYHING crashes at low battery.

Called and ordered replacement.
Talked to the place I acquired it and she actually claims:
1. Phone cannot be charged for more than 1 hour or it frys battery! No trickle charge.
2. ONE replacement after that than it is 5 bucks a pop! FOR DEFECTIVE!?!
Called assurance which is always useless! Cannot answer without verify and sending pin not sure how i pick my fav city!
Manual says nothing about one hour, rep claimed 3 hour max.
I asked wt.. so i use it a day (above comments not a chance) plug it in at night. Have to set an alarm for 3 hours to unplag the dang phone?
I know virgin FakeB only, but they have not even replied to my first issue from 2 years ago on FakeB!

Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience. Unfortunately, we are not able to handle Assurance Wireless customers on this channel. We are a Virgin Mobile USA social care channel only, please contact Assurance Wireless customer service at 1-888-321-5880 for assistance on this or send them a private message on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/AssuranceWireless/

Heavy Hitter

@gamer36 wrote:

these ANS UL40 models need to be disscontinued because of how defective they are 

Agreed. 

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

If that's the case, then most or all ans ul40 are defective. Mine does the exact same thing and everyone I've talked to about this phone has the same issue. It's a design flaw, not a defective phone.
Whiz Kid

Assurance wireless now has a store so you can buy decent phones such as Coolpad, Motorola E5 Play, and Samsung j3 Achieve, among others.  Here is the link

https://shop.assurancewireless.com/home.php

Whiz Kid

Apparently NOBODY offers assistance for Assurance Wireless phones.  They keep giving out the ANS UL40 phone, which has serious design issues which make it down right dangerous.  You can turn off Data, Bluetooth, and WiFi, sit the phone down, and sitting unused it will get so hot as to burn you.  Several times I was afraid enough that I put the phone outside in case it might burst into flames or explode.

As a "Lifeline" phone, it fails too, not working half the time.  I had a medical emergency earelier this year.  The phone kept shutting down every time I tried to make a call to 911, even though it said it had a 88% charge.  When I needed it the most, this second ANS UL40 phone I have had,  failed, and I almost died as a result.

I would think someone in the Sprint family would care enough to prevent the potential financial cost of lawsuits from injuries these phones can cause, even if you don't care for the customers.  

William 

Agent

Hi there William.B. I am sorry you are having some device issues. Please contact Assurance Wireless for support.

Whiz Kid

I too have exactly the same problems! Phone takes almost 10 hrs to charge, and discharges in less than 2hours! Only 1 week old! I called all day trying to get last phone that quit working, and not pay the shipping fee which they finally agreed to, and then promised me a better phone with bigger screen and better battery, they sent me the exact same phone with a black back that said UMX. They lied! They just want the shipping fee I believe! Phone is junk! I am homeless, have no money for shipping, and need a phone with brand new baby for emergencies. Phone won't even work half the time! Said error code 1, or error code 16. In starting to believe this emergency life line phone by assurance is just a scam

Hello Earlkelly. We are really sorry to hear that you are having inconveniences with your Assurance Wireless phone. We recommend to contact Assurance Wireless at 888-321-5880 for assistance. We remain at your service. If you have any other question, just let us know.

Heavy Hitter

@Earlkelly wrote:
In starting to believe this emergency life line phone by assurance is just a scam

Hi Earlkelly,

If you require a dependable Lifeline phone, then a basic (not smartphone) from Assurance Wireless will work great.  However, Assurance will not give you a dependable smartphone.  I don't know why, but I guess that it is because they can't buy a dependable, inexpensive smartphone to pass on to us.

I don't know if they still offer a "non-smartphone", but you could ask Assurance the next time that you call them about your junk smartphone.