Virgin Mobile

ANS UL40 SD card not detected under Windows 10

SOLVED
Highlighted
wcs
Master

ANS UL40 SD card not detected under Windows 10

Installed a 32GB Samsung micro SD card into my ANS UL40 which shows up from the UL40 Storage Settings

Internal Shared Storage
5.08 GB used of 7.28 GB
Samsung SD card 245MB used of 29.33GB

However when I connect the UL40 to my Windows 10 PC nothing happens, no UL40 or 32GB SD drive.

I went into Windows 10 Device Manager and found three devices labeled "UL40" under "Other" devices.

Properties showed there was no driver for any of the "UL40"  devices. So I clicked on update driver and W10's device manager scanned the Internet and installed a "Qualcomm HS-SUB Modem 9092" modem driver for each of "UL40" devices, when all done I now have under "Modem" devices a Qualcomm HS-SUB Modem 9092 modem.

However still no UL40 or SD card drive shows up either from W10's Device and File Managers.

So it appears Windows 10 isn't able to recognize the UL40's SD card.

???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wcs
Master

Re: ANS UL40 SD card not detected under Windows 10

Finally found the USB options from the UL40.  The USB options menu from the pull down menu kept closing and I wasn't able to access it until a couple of dozen attempts I was able to get the menu to stay open and select transfer files to another device which allowed the PC to find the UL40 and it's SD drive.

1 REPLY 1
wcs
Master

Re: ANS UL40 SD card not detected under Windows 10

Finally found the USB options from the UL40.  The USB options menu from the pull down menu kept closing and I wasn't able to access it until a couple of dozen attempts I was able to get the menu to stay open and select transfer files to another device which allowed the PC to find the UL40 and it's SD drive.