Virgin Mobile

Activation fail - MEID not working

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Activation fail - MEID not working

Hello, I'm a longtime customer and I'm trying to swap an old android phone for a new one. Every time I try to enter the MEID number it gives the error "Ther was a problem with the serial number you entered..." This is a Samsung J7 Perx purchased new from walmart.com with Virgin Mobile packaging. The auto configuration when the phone first booted also failed. Any assistance would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Activation fail - MEID not working

Hi there, @karajane! We apologize for this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and MEID.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue. When I PM'd Virgin on FB, I was directed here for answers.   My old phone will not call out or receive calls so it is useless to me and I cannot call customer service.  

Agent

Hello, @franj. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to better assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Whiz Kid

Some of my contacts have transferred( not all) and I can receive emails but no calls.  I emailed customer service and was told that my old phone was still showing as active.  I now have two phones here, neither one of which I can send/receive calls and texts.   I am missing a lot of appointments right now because of it.
Whiz Kid

I received an email this morning. Evidently the replacement phone Virgin sent me is not compatible with their system.  Can someone explain how that happened?  Now I will have to wait even longer to have a working phone?   

Agent

Sorry to hear that, @franj. Can you please send us a private message so we can take a closer look?