Ads from unknown app pop up on UMX when no apps are open.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Ads from unknown app pop up on UMX when no apps are open.

Ok I have the exact same phone and am slowing finding the issue if you have noticed a very small thing below your notifications saying somthing stupid in small writing like my last one until I found the issue said somthing like (chess game 5minutes) there is an app called Pain I don't understand what it is it just has a messaging looking pictures on it's icon and you know there is no app called Pain that you or anyone has ever used just delete that I'm searching now for the one that causes a pop up chrome browser page saying stupid games stuff in the IP address area and it's just adds I will add to this forum when I have found the exact app or file causing it phones are just small computers you just have to find what doesn't belong or what has no actual purpose and you will find what is causing the issue just keep looking through your storage on your phone there Is alot but if you find something you don't know what it is just type it in Google somtimes you may have to type in the type of phone incase it is files already installed when you got the phone but I know these adds didn't start til the last couple weeks I'll let you know if I find it first. Good luck there's alot to look through but get rid of the app Pain
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

And I did notice this Pain app has permissions to pop up or open above other open apps or somthing like that. Think about that no other apps I know use that permission so try that I have gotten any pop up adds since I deleted the Pain app
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I found a solution that worked for me and should work for anyone else having this issue. I have the same phone and I'm have an Assurance Wireless account.

I contacted Assurance through their Facebook page and got an answer within a few minutes.

SOLUTION: Look for an app called Online Plus. the icon has a small green circle; click on it and it'll open; after it opens, on the top right you'll see a settings icon; click it and turn the ads off from there.

That should disable all ads on your lock screen. I hope this works for everyone! : )

Highlighted
Whiz Kid