Virgin Mobile

Android 7.0 update on LG Stylo 2 - Data not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Android 7.0 update on LG Stylo 2 - Data not working

I recently updated my wifes LG Stylo 2 to Android 7.0, and my data stopped working.  Here's the scoop,

WiFi works fine, but if WiFi is off or I'm not near WiFi, I can't access the browser, facebook, etc...
Yes, Data is turned on.  Turned it off and back on.
I tried resetting network settings.
Don't know what this means, but I tried modifying the APN settings per some other forums, but everything was greyed out.
I did a factory reset, still not working, seemingly because it automatically updated to Nougat 7.0.
Anyone else having this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: Android 7.0 update on LG Stylo 2 - Data not working

In case someone else is experiencing this problem, i was able to resolve it. My wife and I swapped sim cards (we have the exact same phone, same carrier) Tried testing it, and the sim from my wifes phone worked on my own phone, so that ruled out a problem with the sim. When i put the sim back into my wifes phone, data started working. It ran some sort of "updating PRL" thing after i turned her phone back on. Not sure what that means, but it worked. This was suggested by LG after i emailed them. Hope this helps someone else!
5 REPLIES
Heavy Hitter

When you said you changed the apn settings, was it something like this?

https://community.virginmobile.com.au/t5/Support-Articles/APN-settings-for-Internet-MMS-and-tetherin...

You might have to contact support.  Good Luck.

Whiz Kid

In case someone else is experiencing this problem, i was able to resolve it. My wife and I swapped sim cards (we have the exact same phone, same carrier) Tried testing it, and the sim from my wifes phone worked on my own phone, so that ruled out a problem with the sim. When i put the sim back into my wifes phone, data started working. It ran some sort of "updating PRL" thing after i turned her phone back on. Not sure what that means, but it worked. This was suggested by LG after i emailed them. Hope this helps someone else!
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you got it fixed @ematelyan, and thanks for sharing the solution with the Community!

For reference, PRL is your phone's Preferred Roaming List - this tells the device which towers it can/should connect to.

-Be

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
Whiz Kid

How did you solve it? Ive been having this same problem with my lg stylo 1 and i don't know how to fix it.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the delayed reply @Samantha!

Try this:

1. From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
  2. Swipe to and tap Settings.
  3. Tap the General tab.
  4. Scroll to and tap System updates.
  5. Tap Update PRL.
  6. Tap OK when complete.

http://devicehelp.virginmobileusa.com/document/HowToSetupGuide/G_Stylo/Virgin_Mobile/en/Update_the_P...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.