Virgin Mobile

Android unlocking

Whiz Kid

Android unlocking

Will virgin mobile be unlocking all the android devices they are doing away with
18 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Android unlocking

Hi! The unlock policy will stay the same for Virgin Mobile Android devices. The phone must be activate with Virgin Mobile for at least 12 months and cannot be reported as lost or stolen.

Enthusiast

So, if I have an Android Phone from over a year ago, not sure if it had 12 months of service, almost positive it didn't. Lost my job couldnt afford the phone so I put it up to use when I could afford it. Now, when I can afford it you don't use Android phones anymore.  So, I should just smash it with a hammer and make it a $100 paper weight?

Enthusiast

HELLO...  It has been over 30 days and no awnser... Guess that is a good reason to find a better phone from a better company.  Going ipuke only really sucks...

Agent

Hey there, rigsbyt70! Android devices must be active for 12 consecutive months on the same account in order to be eligible to be unlocked. You can find details in this website https://www.virginmobileusa.com/legal#unlocking.

Whiz Kid

Android unlocking

I was recently given by my sister a Samsung Galaxy 3  locked to the Virgin Mobile service. She had it inactive for last three to four years prior to that she had Virgin Mobile Service for at least one year. I do not have her account number or the phone number which was active when she had Virgin Mobile service. I would like to have the phone unlocked. I would appreciate if virgin mobile be able to unlock it for me. Thank you.

Spoiler

Agent

Hey there, Tabar! Virgin Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:

•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
•The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months with the account active at that time.

The phone number and PIN code are required to verify if the device is eligible.

Whiz Kid

Thank you for your reply Fonsy82 however as I stated in my text, I was given this phone which was inactive for more than 2 years and I do not have the account number nor the phone number. The phone when it was active it was active for at least a year on Virgin Mobile. In addition, Virgin Mobile does not support any android phone as I understand. It is hard to understand that in this situation, Virgin Mobile does not want to help in unlocking a phone which is using Android version 4!

Agent

Hey there, @Tabar. Virgin Mobile offers service for Android devices. Now, we'll need to review your case. But, cannot guarantee the device will be unlocked.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Thank you Joy1713 and let me know what information you will need from the phone instrument.