Virgin Mobile

Android users - send us a friend and we'll hook you up!

Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

Android users - send us a friend and we'll hook you up!

UPDATE 1/31/18: The Refer a Friend program is not open for new referrals. If you referred a friend or were referred by a friend before February 1, 2018, you still have an opportunity to earn a $25 credit by April 30, 2018. To view referral statuses at refer.virginmobileusa.com, click “Login In” in the top right corner, or if you were referred, click “Referred by a friend?”.

ReferralHeaderImage.jpg

Hey Android fans! We have a new referral program just for you! Invite your friends to join the Virgin Mobile family, and once a friend has activated on an eligible monthly plan, you and that friend could each get a credit on your account.

How?

• Step 1: Join the Refer a Friend program here
  • Step 2: Refer your friend through email or social media.
  • Step 3: Your friend activates on Virgin Mobile. You each receive an account credit!

Questions about our Referral Program? Post a reply here, or check out our FAQs

See the Rules and Terms And Conditions for full Program details.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
14 REPLIES
Master

Re: Android users - send us a friend and we'll hook you up!

Targeted to Android users? Really? What kind of B.S. promotion is this? Is this a bid to switch them over to iPhones? Jesus, at least be upfront about that right at the start. And btw, you still haven't told us when you're dumping us Android users -- who've been faithful to both Android *AND VIRGIN!!* -- over to Boost at the cost of our current phones and phone numbers. Why no word about that? Why can't we keep our phones and numbers? My phone is less than a year old and my phone number is several years old and used for EVERYTHING! Changing my number will be a flaming raging pain in the A**, and it's all because Virgin wants to play diddlef*** with Apple. What about us?
Master

Wow! No response... still! What's the problem, Virgin, don't you know what to say? Try the truth.
Agent

We're sorry for the late response, @pennyaline! We're still providing quality service to our android customers.

Master

And how in hell does your response above come even CLOSE to addressing my concerns? Give me answers with some meat on them, PLEASE! Just as Virgin plotted to dump Android users to Boost "at some time in 2018" (which is NOW in case it escaped your attention) without any sort of notice, I have no doubt that Virgin will leave us in the cold very soon. You have TOTALLY FAILED to address the concerns I expressed clearly, SO TRY AGAIN AND MAKE IT GOOD THIS TIME! We will be losing our phone numbers, which under portability regs should not be happening, and many of us will have to buy new phones though our current Virgin-issued phones may be only a year old or less. Why have you refused to address this?
Master

Holy **bleep**! STILL NO RESPONSE!!!!!
Master

Still waiting for your response.
Master

Two weeks is too long to have to wait for a response. Get to it!
Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

Is this a bid to switch them over to iPhones? 

No, this is not an effort to switch Android users to iPhone.

And btw, you still haven't told us when you're dumping us Android users -- who've been faithful to both Android *AND VIRGIN!!* -- over to Boost at the cost of our current phones and phone numbers. Why no word about that? Why can't we keep our phones and numbers? 

Yes, as we announced in September, Virgin Mobile plans to stop selling new Android phones in fall 2018.  At that time, we intend to make available comparable or better Boost Mobile plans to dedicated Android users.   We are working to ensure that Virgin Mobile customers will be able to use their Android phone and existing phone number with Boost service.  We genuinely regret that the shift in Virgin Mobile strategy is frustrating to our Android customers and have delayed parts of that strategy to accommodate Android customers.  We hope to convince you that, in the future, you will be well served by our sister brand, Boost Mobile, which is working on exciting plans to serve Virgin Mobile customers.  We appreciate your feedback as a loyal Virgin Mobile customer and Android customers.  It matters.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
Whiz Kid

I too am waiting on an answer. It would be nice to know when we have to switch providers.

Edit: If I wanted to be with Boost, I would have signed up with them in the beginning.