Virgin Mobile

Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

SOLVED
Heavy Hitter

Re: Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

Gentlemen,

Please calm down.  No need to get upset.

The fact of the matter is that there is no "Assurance Wireless" discussion forum.  We neglected and abused "Assurance Wireless customers" log into our "Assurance Wireless"accounts and within a couple of mouse clicks we find ourselves in "Virgin Mobile Land".  We know that Assurance Wireless is a subsidiary to Virgin Mobile.  We also know that there is nothing you "Virgin Mobile Reps" can do for us here.  There is no need for you "Virgin Mobile Reps" to repeatedly and consistently interject into this thread that we should "contact Assurance Wireless customer service at 1-888-321-5880 for assistance".  We already know that.  We also know that calling them will likely be futile.

Since there is no "Assurance Wireless" discussion forum, this is the closest thing that we can find, so we congregate here to console each other about our misery.  Please "Virgin Mobile Reps", just leave us **bleep** "Assurance Wireless" customers alone, and stop reposting your suggestion to "contact Assurance Wireless customer service at 1-888-321-5880 for assistance".

Whiz Kid

Gentleman, what part of they can not assist you, you don't get? If you need help just contact your provider. If you want a blog to complain, contact your provider and ask for one and stop taking they time of this people so they can assist their customers on their needs.

Additionally, the "support" number (1-888-321-5880) we are given connects to Virgin Mobile, so one might be forgiven for thinking these forums are an appropriate venue in which to post support questions.
Agent

Sorry, this is a Virgin Mobile USA social care channel only. We are not able to handle Assurance Wireless customer issues on this channel, please contact Assurance Wireless customer service or send them a private message on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AssuranceWireless/

Enthusiast

The ANS UL40 is inherently defective. It's only useful for the first two months and after that, it slows down no matter how many apps you delete or storage cleaning apps you use.

Two months later, now I can't use the phone because it won't start up. All I am left with is a dark screen and a penguin.
Enthusiast

Thank you! ¡Mucho gracias! Merci Bon ami!!!!
Heavy Hitter

I feel ya. I lost count after receiving my UL50 phone after the third time. Major programming problems. On the UL50, you will receive Google Framework and other apps needs to close problems. You have to constantly clean the cache of every app and you need to reboot several times before you can get past the Assurance Wireless screens. I am constantly charging the phone and while charging, the battery drains and then after you fully recharge the phone, it's difficult to reboot the phone. It is also difficult to turn the phone off and sometimes you have to remove the battery and wait a few minutes before reinserting it. Yes, you can remove the battery on the UL50. I am going to tell you what I told the corporate office. ANS is not a real company.
Enthusiast

Hello fellow sufferers and thank you all for your help.  I am a 67 year old retiree with little experience of phone tech, but even I could see problems w/ANS UL40.  Random apps would appear on the screen to "ask" for permission to download, and when I hit the "X" button to discard they would download anyway! My 70something partner also has an ANS UL40, and we both noticed new apps that had apparently self-installed, and when they did the phones would act "wonky". Sometimes they were the same apps on both phones, sometimes not. I now check the apps list every few days to uninstall.  I noticed the phone's performance improved dramatically, so I suggest doing this. I also disabled any apps we don't use and erase data and cache 1/week that I don't want to save. Sadly, I have concluded Assurance switched to smartphones only in order to bombard us with unwanted apps and advertising, for which I'm sure they are paid. And lastly, thank you for the link to the youtube lady.  Help ever, hurt never.

Heavy Hitter

I too had the same problem with the UL40 and as the UL50 as well.  I had to delete or disable anything that had to do with Facebook, Instagram, and other social media apps.  I have turned off the automatic downloads on Google Play Services only to have Google illegally override that option and download whatever app it wants to download. It's GOOGLE'S rape mentality that needs to cease and desist.  I am constantly bothered by Google's continuous non-stop advertisement of Facebook's app download.

I wish you the best, but this is only a small problem that you will experience with that questionable phone.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I also have the ANS phone and it came loaded with malware. I am very upset over the fact that I can't even make a phone call without a pop-up with a timer so I have to wait on it to count down before I can close it. Not only is it annoying but it concerns me. If i had an emergency I would have to wait on this popup before making my call. I have anxiety which is one of the reasons I am unable too work and therefore qualify for what is suppose to be a free phone from the government. But it is not free since it has advertisements loaded on it. The pop- ups trigger my anxiety and during a stressful or emergency situation more anxiety triggering popups is the last thing I need.