Virgin Mobile

Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

I have to agree with you @5ubtle the UMX smartphone has been the *only* good smartphone that Assurance Wireless had came out with I never had a problem with that phone. The ANS UL40 was the last phone I have recived from Assurance and it maybe worked the most 3 months I've been here without a phone from them for maybe a year now however still signed up as an active customer with my same number. The phone I had gotten before the ANS was a ZTE and that lasted about 6 months. I feel frusterated trying to contact Assurance for a replacement when the problem is the phone and not me. They constantly want to charge me for replacing any of the phones I call in about and when I look at thier phones on thier site to try to buy a better phone that hopefully would last I am shocked at the prices that they have. The ones that are even close to affordable are reconditioned so how are they even guaranteed to work any better like the ones I've been reciving. It has been something I think about almost daily trying to get a phone and I dred trying to contact Assurance for any type of help replacing my phone. I tried to go to a different company and Assurance still has not dropped me from their service when I have not used my number for almost a year now. I thought if you didn't use your phone in 30 days they drop you. So are they holding people from going to other companies now???

Whiz Kid

Call them and request the account number so can be abke to port to a diferent provider
Heavy Hitter

A quick note to tell you all about my final solution.  After suffering for 2 years with my UMX phone, I took Ramiro's advice and switched to a different "Lifeline" (Obamaphone) service provider.  Everything is better.  I was able to purchase a new Samsung phone for a competitive price of only $50 (they have cheaper phones also).  The customer service is better.  I got onto a different network with better coverage.  A downside about switching service providers is that you may have to be without your Lifeline phone for a few weeks during the transition.  I solved this by paying $15 for 1 month of a prepaid plan with the new provider.

Whiz Kid

I two have same problems. Same phone. All assurance phones are garbage but the ans ul40 is the worst.