Virgin Mobile

Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

SOLVED

Re: Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

Sad to say yes.

It's a major POS.

Agent

Oh, I see! Since you have an Assurance Wireless phone we recommend you contact Assurance Wireless. Please contact Assurance Wireless here or by calling at 888-321-5880. They'd be able to assist you. 

Enthusiast

Just got my ANS phone a little over a week ago and its stuck on the interduction page want come on at all can someone please help me ASAP VERY DISAPPOINTED AND DISSATISFIED ELDERLY WOMAN
Master

Hi Unsatisfied63,

The Virgin Mobile representative will be along shortly to recommend that you call customer service.  They may be able to help you.  I will suggest to you that, if you want an uncomplicated cellphone experience, you need to get a "non" smartphone instead.  My Assurance Wireless smartphone needs daily maintanance to remove the unwanted, automatically installed, useless apps.  It seems that because the phone is free that Virgin Mobile is looking to make a little bit of money by selling our (the customers) privacy.

Hello Unsatisfied63.

Here's a solution to your problem.  Turn the phone off for 10 seconds and turn it back on. When you get to the Assurance Wireless press both the power button and the volume button at the same time. Keep holding it until you get the home screen.

I have the same problem the other day and it took me 30 minutes to hold the power screen until the ANS screen came on and when I got the Assurance Wireless I had to press both buttons at the same time almost 40 minutes. 

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you need any help.

Happy New Year.

I am done with the incompetent fake customer care department and having to have that fake customer care program's permission to talk to technical support. Smiley Mad

That’s not what we like to hear. We truly apologize for the inconvenience, amanishakhete! This is a channel for Virgin Mobile customers to get assistance. For Assurance Wireless assistance please contact them directly.

Whiz Kid

I have a list of problems and their solutions for the ANS UL40 LTE available on my website here: http://frequencysoftware.com/help-factory-reset-ul40-cell-phone-with-no-home-button-crashes-fr...

Even on the Virgin Mobile and Assurance Wireless websites and in the owner’s manual it says to hold the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key and to keep holding them until you’re in Recovery Menu. This isn’t going to work for two reasons on the UL40: 1) It has no home button! and 2) it will just keep rebooting every 5 seconds if you hold the power button down constantly. You have to hold the Volume-Up Button and the Power Button until the phone reboots and then let go of the power button while still holding the volume up button. Keep holding the volume up key until you’re into Recovery Mode.

Problem: My new mobile phone from Assurance Wireless gets stuck on the loading screen!

Solution: Perform a hard reboot (Volume Up + Power) then when it restarts and you’re on the white Assurance Wireless screen, stop holding power and only hold Volume Up. Keep pressing-and-holding the Increase Volume button and after a while you will be navigated to the Factory Reset Menu. You can wipe the cache partition only or perform a factory reset (which will also wipe the cache). To move around on the menu, use the volume keys (increase volume goes up, decrease volume goes down) and to select your entry simply use the power button (the on button).  If this still doesn’t work, see further instructions in the solutions below.

Problem: Phone is frozen on loading screen, stuck in boot-loop even after factory reset/wiping cache partition.

Solution: After you have factory reset or wiped the cache partition you can also choose to install an update from the internal memory or sd-card. If you select this option it will perform a more rigorous factory reset then since you won’t have a package to install it will cancel. I’ve noticed my device getting out of the boot loop once I did this process and it was stuck on the boot screen even after I did a factory reset.

Enthusiast

Had this replacement phone(ANS UL40) for 7 days.  Keeps getting real warm and drains the battery.  Then has trouble turning on. Now it won't turn on at all and this is my only lifesource phone.  I'm a disabled Vet and can't afford a phone or service.  I call the VA and they call me about appointments.  They are sending me a new ANS phone but I'm not sure I want it.  is there any other phone available? 

Not sure why Virgin Mobile will associate themselves with a problematic phone, then share it with us!