Virgin Mobile

Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

SOLVED
Enthusiast

Re: Any systematic problems with Assurance Wireless ANS UL40 phone?

I have the ANS UL40 and it came with the malware. I also have a friend who has the same phone and it has the malware also.
Agent

Hi there Tamlee. I am sorry about that. Please contact Assurance Wireless for assistance. 

Heavy Hitter

I know exactly how you feel.  I had that same problem until I disable some apps and I told Google and Facedung to stop the rape mentality of promoting Facedung and other social media websites.  I have the POS UL50 and I was told that my phone would be delivered by this past Saturday.  I was lied to, the stupid CSR set it up that I would receive my phone by sometime at the end of the week.  

I am going on the record and say that malware is China's way to steal American technology.

Enthusiast

Hi Tamlee...sounds like your phone may be causing some of that anxiety Smiley Happy.  I'm not a tech person, but can't you find that app in your app list (in "settings") and uninstall or disable?  When we received our first ANS phones last year they were so bad we actually switched carriers to Consumer Cellular who has GREAT customer service and very reasonable prices, but unfortunately poor coverage in our area.( Perhaps that is an option for you?)  So, we're back w/Assurance. And the ANS UL40. Whoopee.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Enthusiast

Thanks for the good wishes...to you as well Smiley Happy

Enthusiast

https://androidforums.com/threads/ad-ware-assurancewireless-com-ans-ul40-2018-gov-phone.1276766/

Hi everyone...just found this link on Androidforums website..this fella gives instructions for getting rid of adware and pop-ups on ANS UL40...haven't tried it yet but intend to.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/ans-ul40-american-network-solutions-t3886896

And this guy gives very detailed info for a variety of problems...crashes, freezes, hard re-boot, factory reset, etc.
Hope this helps!

Heavy Hitter

Why? Tech support does not know anything and when one tried to create an account with AW it automatically goes to this website and your worthless point is what?

Heavy Hitter

My condolences.  ANS equipment sucks.

Heavy Hitter

I will contact Consumer Cellular and let you know how it goes. Again, my condolences for not having good reception and having to return back to Assurance Wireless.

Heavy Hitter

Sad to say, no owner's manual came with my fake phone UL40 or UL50.