Virgin Mobile

Basic Voicemail not recording msgs

SOLVED
Master

Basic Voicemail not recording msgs

I've left test msgs but they don't appear. Checked under Apps, it says it's installed with notification 'on' but the 'Disable' & 'Force Stop' buttons are grayed out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: Basic Voicemail not recording msgs

STIX19 told me, "Hello Rabbit. I noticed this a new phone and is likely the issue started after switching to it. Please do the following after receiving this text. Restart your device and if it starts a programming session let go through. Make sure your WiFi is off and Mobile Data on. Next go to Settings, System Update, tap Update PRL. Let me know how that worked out. "
This worked. My phone msgs are coming through quickly. I did post a reply to STIX19's private msg that the suggestion worked.
8 REPLIES 8
Master

My second test msg just came through along with this sentence, "You have new messages that cannot be downloaded."
Any advice on how to retrieve the msgs & why this should be happening?
Master

I called my phone from another phone and hit * during the hello msg, that took me to the remote pick up menu. So although 2 msgs did not appear in the voicemail app, I was able to play them through the other phone. Still, I wouldn't have known there were msgs there if I hadn't been told by the iffice of the caller.
Agent

Sorry to hear about this, Rabbit. Is your mobile data working? Can you send and receive text messages? 

Master

My first 'test' msg arrived last night, 8 hours after I sent it and maybe 4 hours after my 2nd 'test' msg arrived. I don't know if texting was working earlier but I did receive texts around the time of the arrival of the 2nd text. Nothing came through in a timely manner.
Agent

Can you please provide us with the closest cross streets and zip code to your current location? 

Highlighted
Master

Crescent Street and Tamarack Drive.
Agent

We don't have any reported outage. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, and pin code.

Master

STIX19 told me, "Hello Rabbit. I noticed this a new phone and is likely the issue started after switching to it. Please do the following after receiving this text. Restart your device and if it starts a programming session let go through. Make sure your WiFi is off and Mobile Data on. Next go to Settings, System Update, tap Update PRL. Let me know how that worked out. "
This worked. My phone msgs are coming through quickly. I did post a reply to STIX19's private msg that the suggestion worked.