Virgin Mobile

Best buy did not scan activation

Whiz Kid

Best buy did not scan activation

I bought a Moto G6 play from Best buy and they apparently did not scan activation. Virgin Mobile told me to go back but I already discarded the box, and Best buy is 1 hour and 45 minutes away. This is a terrible inconvenience and virgin will not help. Neither will Best buy support. I paid for this phone and need it activated. I will be looking to pirt to another carrier if not resolved 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Best buy did not scan activation

Hey there, mattcruzsr! We apologize for the inconvenience at this time. Can you please send me a private message with the IMEI of the device you will like to get activated?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Maj
Whiz Kid

How was this resolved? I'm having same issue.

Hey there, mattcruzsr! Can you please send me a private message, with your phone number and PIN, together with the DEC of the device you wish to activate?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Enthusiast

I'm having the exact same problem. How can I resolve it?

Agent

Hi there, @mel07! Please return to the retailer where purchased with your receipt and request the handset to be re-scanned. The handset was not properly scanned at the retailer where it was purchased.

Enthusiast

I purchased this item from Bestbuy.com and it was shipped to me. Driving all the way to the retailer is a huge inconvenience and not something I was anticipating. Is there no other way Virgin Mobile can help me resolve this issue since it is your product? This particular problem seems to be plaguing quite a few customers on the community boards. Why is Virgin Mobile not corresponding with Best Buy to ensure that they are properly distributing (scanning) their mobile product? 

Agent

Thanks for the detailed feedback, mel07. We’ll be sure to pass it on. Unfortunately, you must return to the place of purchase or contact Best Buy.

Enthusiast

For anybody having the same problem:

Call BESTBUY at 1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289). They have a team set up for cell phone activation issues, and they can activate it over the phone - no need to travel to the store. Make sure to choose the cell phone activation option on the main menu.

Be sure to have your cell phone box, phone number and order number handy so that they can look up your order as quickly as possible. In order to activate the product over the phone, you need to have the Best Buy serial # on the right side of the box. It’s located below “Serial Number- Scan for Activation”. The first barcode is for Target/Walmart. The Best Buy serial # is the second barcode.

After giving the customer service rep the Best Buy serial #, he was able to activate my phone immediately and then I went back to the virgin mobile website and my MEID# (DEC) finally worked.

Hope this helps anybody dealing with the same issue!