Virgin Mobile

Bought Virgin Mobile phone but Boost Mobile inside

Whiz Kid

Bought Virgin Mobile phone but Boost Mobile inside

It's an LG Tribute Dynasty.  My account is with Virgin Mobile so after purchasing this phone (which is in a Virgin Mobile box - brand new, never been open), I was unable to activate it because it says it's on Boost network.  Can VM switch it over the phone or do I have to take it back to Walmart and exchange it?

27 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Bought Virgin Mobile phone but Boost Mobile inside

Hit here, nitestocker! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Whiz Kid

I have the same thing going on with my LG xCharge... It says everywhere it is Virgin Mobile (and new out of the box), however the phone settings says its Boost Mobile and I can't switch because the site says the serial number is an error. 

HELP I need my new phone to work ASAP!

Thank you

Agent

Hi there! Hi there! Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with the DEC number to assist you with this.

Whiz Kid

Also experiencing exact same problem with my LG Tribute dynasty, this is not co
Agent

Hey there, @drvaccaro! Looks like we’ll need to do some investigating. Can you private message us your DEC/ MEID number so that we can verify that information? Thanks

Whiz Kid

Same here... in virgin mobile box new never opened and says boost mobile when i looked for the meid...
Agent

Hello, mars88! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Whiz Kid

Had the same thing happen to me today. I bought an LG X charge from best buy and got home, it was a boost mobile phone. They tell me to bring it back to best buy...ugh
Whiz Kid

Same problem! Bought LG Tribute Dynasty brand new and opened it for the phone to be Boost. What's going on here?