Virgin Mobile

Bought Virgin Mobile phone but Boost Mobile inside

Agent

Re: Bought Virgin Mobile phone but Boost Mobile inside

Hi there, Luddabelle. Thank you very much  for contacting us. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience with the phone. We'd like to have a look at the account. Please, send us a private message your with the serial number, MEID/DEC or IMEI. 

Whiz Kid

I also have this problem with a LG dynasty. Who do I contact?
Agent

Hey there, @Lmackint! Thanks for contacting us. If your device was purchased at a Walmart store (as on the main post) please go back to the store and they may be able to replace your device. 

Whiz Kid

me too pls help

Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me, bought a Virgin Moble LG X charge, sealed ina Virgin Moble box, the MEID is the same on the box, on the phone, and on the Sim Card, when I started it up to set it up for the first time, it prompted me to switch over my old phone via Virgin Mobile, but it gave me an error code when I tried to set it up that way. So I skipped that step, and when it finished loading up, it thought it was a boost phone. Contacted customer service, and after 2 days their only response was to take it back to the store I bought it from, and that it was a boost phone so they couldn't activate it for me. Looked into it further and learned that since both Virgin and Boost are both owned by sprint, they no longer pre-program their LG and Samsung phones to work with one of their two specific pay-as-you-go brands, they're pre-programed for Boost, because they're trying to force all their android users to switch to Boost in the future, but if you buy one still under the Virgin brand, the MEID is set up to prompt it to regester it with Virgin and then download the Virgin apps and remove the Boost ones, but since I was unable to complete the Virgin setup via the phone, I now can't set up my Virgin Phone to work with Virgin, and the Virgin Mobile Customer service are unaware of the problem and unable to help. I've been a Virgin Mobile customer for over 10 years, but now I think it might be time to switch.

Agent

Hi, @Martian263 Just to confirm, did you purchase your device at a retail location like Walmart or did you buy it from our website?

Enthusiast

The phone was purchased at a Best Buy

Agent

Hi there Martian263. I am sorry about the inconvenience you are experiencing. Please send me a Private Message with your phone, pin number and the IMEI of the new device. I would like to look into this for you. 

Enthusiast

Same issue. I wish i knew about this before I wasted half a day driving to a second Wal-Mart because the first didn't carry virgin mobile phones. BOUGHT VIRGIN MOBILE PHONE BUT BOOST MOBILE INSIDE
It's an LG Tribute Dynasty. My account is with Virgin Mobile so after purchasing this phone (which is in a Virgin Mobile box - brand new, never been open), I was unable to activate it because it says it's on Boost network. Can VM switch it over the phone or do I have to take it back to Walmart and exchange it?
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, sunmellie. We recommend returning the phone back to the place of purchase to get a Virgin Mobile phone.