Virgin Mobile

Bringing a Boost Mobile Non-Contract Phone to Virgin Mobile

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Bringing a Boost Mobile Non-Contract Phone to Virgin Mobile

Can I bring a Boost Mobile Non-Contract Phone to Virgin Mobile?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Bringing a Boost Mobile Non-Contract Phone to Virgin Mobile

Hello @danfox16. Unfortunately, Boost Mobile devices are not compatible with Virgin Mobile services.

16 REPLIES
Agent

Hello @danfox16. Unfortunately, Boost Mobile devices are not compatible with Virgin Mobile services.

Whiz Kid

How come Boost is not compatible to Virgin and you are both Sprint?? As a matter of fact I called Boost to inquire about a phone and service and the prompt was able to capture my number and see my account??  Shady...

Agent

Hi, ChaCha40! Yes, both carriers operate under the Sprint Umbrella. However, Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA operate as totally different companies, with different systems and plans. Therefore, Boost Mobile devices are not recognized as eligible by the Virgin Mobile USA system.

Whiz Kid

Hello @frankt - 

I received a replacement warranty iPhone that clears the Boost IMEI checker, but not Virgin's. How do I get Virgin to add the IMEI number of my replacement phone to its system?

I understand that a VMUSA tech support rep will have to do it, but how do I reach them?

Thank you! 

Agent

Hey there, @tco12! Thanks for being part of our Virgin Mobile Community. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and device IMEI number so we can help you.  

Note: For you to send me a Private Message you'll need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message.

Agent

@tco12! We're glad we were able to help you. If you have any other question or concern, just let us know.!

Enthusiast

How come if is not compatible with Virgin you are advising customer's to transfer to boost and still keep the number and the plan we currently have with you???

Agent

Hi, @wallymore9898 Please, bear in mind that although Boost Mobile is able to activate certain Virgin Mobile devices, you complete move to their network, under their conditions and to the limit of their capabilities. Unfortunately, this is not possible the other way around, because our network doesn't allow it.

Enthusiast

Samsung 9 Discount 0.99 really!!!

Can someone tell me the promotional discount of $0.99 for the Samsung 9. Is it true really or is it a joke ???? Could it be that by mistake it shows $0.99 instead of $99.00