Virgin Mobile

Can't Activate New VM Galaxy J3 b/c it's a Sprint device

Whiz Kid

Can't Activate New VM Galaxy J3 b/c it's a Sprint device

I just purchased a new Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve. It says Virgin Mobile on the box, but it looks like it's actually a Sprint device so I can't activate it.

When I try to activate the phone on the VM website, it doesn't recognize the IMEI number. I get an error that says it can't be activated and to call. When I try to activate from the phone itself, I get a notification that says "Sprint OMADM" "Activation not completed" and "Select to retry activation process."

• It says Sprint in the upper left hand corner of the lock screen.
  • When I go to Settings>About Phone>Status, it lists Sprint for brand.
  • When I go to Settings>System Updates, under UICC Unlock it says "Your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only."

How do I activate this phone so that it works with my existing Virgin Mobile line?

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Can't Activate New VM Galaxy J3 b/c it's a Sprint device

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out. Android devices are not part of our Bring Your Own Device program. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

Whiz Kid

@JamieB 

Thanks Jamie. I am not trying to activate this under bring your own device. I just bought a brand new Virgin Mobile phone, but somehow ended up with a device set up for Sprint.

It came in a Virgin Mobile box, and is labeled as a Virgin Mobile device. It's not though. It's a Sprint phone that came in a Virgin Mobile box.

How do I activate what I purchased as a Virgin Mobile phone to use with my existing Virging Mobile line?

Agent

@YupYeahYep: Thanks for the details. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and order number so we can take a look? 

Whiz Kid

I'm having the same issue. Just bought a new virgin mobile phone last week in a virgin mobile box and the phone identifies as Sprint. And it won't activate. Please help!!

Agent

Hi there, @Smurphy3456. Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Please send us a private message with the order number, MEID, phone number and pin. We'd love to help.