I have an LG Stylo 2 and I use Textra as my messaging app. A couple of days ago my phone ran some updates, Textra included, and now I cannot get or send mms messages.
I have tried everything I could think of or find on Google and nothing has worked. I do not have Mobile Data. I only use wifi and it has never been a problem (I don't know why every solution I have found says you have to have mobile data.)
I have tried (not in this order);
- A soft reset
-Reseating the SIM card
-Updating everything (PRL, Profile, Software, etc)
- Restarting my phone more times than I can count
- Checking Network settings
-Clearing all CASHE (including partition)
- Switching between the built in messaging app and textra (I was able to get mms through the built in app)
- I made sure all of the settings were set so Textra was drawing over other apps
- I uninstalled and reinstalled Textra
- I tried to do something with APN but my APN page does nothing but show a few grayed out things
- A Textra message online said it was some sort of Firmware bug in Android 7.0, but I didn't have the problem until Textra updated.
-And there were probably a few more things I tried that I can't remember.
I get messages like:
(Can't get MMS: No MMS connection)
(Failed to Send MMS)
Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to fix this or do I have to wait for the bug to work itself out in future updates?
I followed the instructions and now Textra is working for me again. I don't have mobile data either so I am hoping this will work for you. I made an account here so that I could help you the way Textra helped me. Just remember to make note of all your settings before deleting Textra. It will make the reinstall easier but I'm sure you know this because you, like me, had already tried reinstalling Textra from Google Play Store.