Virgin Mobile

Connectivity issues

Enthusiast

Connectivity issues

I purchased a Galaxy S8 a little over a year ago. I have had issues with internet connections and text messages since the purchase. VM has not been able to correct the issues. I usually am told that it is a cell tower issue. My wife has an iPhone with VM and has no issues. The technicians I spoke to lead me to believe that my phone was faulty. I purchased a Galaxy A6 as a replacement. I activated it and have the same issue. I have now lost access to all cellar data. After more than 30 calls to VM I was told the problem would be corrected within 48 hours. I have requested a RMA # so I can return the A6 as I assume the S6 is ok. Does anyone know if I can re-activate my S6 so I can get it unlocked if VM is unable to fix the problem?

9 REPLIES

Re: Connectivity issues

Hey there, Patrick_S! How long have you had the Samsung Galaxy S6 active on your account?

Enthusiast

It is a S8. I purchased it in July 2017 and have had issues with service since I activated it. I have been a loyal customer for over 15 years and don’t really want to switch carriers. I just want my phone to work. The A6 that I just purchased as a replacement (I was told by a technician that it was my phone and not my service) has the same problem so I believe it is a programming issue. My wife’s iPhone (from VM) work’s fine so it is not a cell tower problem. I want to return the A6 and reactivate the S8. I requested an RMA# but haven’t heard back from VM. 

You mentioned "Does anyone know if I can re-activate my S6 so I can get it unlocked if VM is unable to fix the problem?" This is why I asked how long you had the S6 active on your account?

Enthusiast

I have had it over a year so I was told that it can be unlocked. But I am having a hard time believing anything I was told. Doesn’t it have to be reactivated to unlock it?

No, as long as the device is within our network range its fine. 

Enthusiast

If the data problem is corrected I won’t need to have it unlocked. If  it isn’t rectified both my wife’s and mine will need to be unlocked.

Understood. Can you please send me a private message with your current address, phone number and PIN?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Enthusiast

I had to change the network mode to CDMA from automatic. That solved the issue.

thanks

Agent

You're welcome. If you have any other question or concern, just let us know.