Virgin Mobile

Email-to-text no longer working

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Email-to-text no longer working

Until recently I could receive emails as text messages if they were sent to [my phone number]@vmobl.com

A week or two ago this important service stopped working. Now the sender gets an error message saying "internal error AUP#1280 (in reply to MAIL FROM command)"

I sent an email to Virgin Mobile and got a completely irrelevant answer.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this error?

6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Re: Email-to-text no longer working

Hello there, sorry to hear about that. You stated you used to receive these types of emails before as regular text messages, do you remember how you stopped receiving them? Does it happen for one specific number?
Please provide us more details through a private message.

Agent

Thank you for the private message. Are they sending you a regular text message or is it a MMS?

Whiz Kid

The messages are plain text emails. When sent to [phone number]@vmobl.com, the Virgin Mobile system converts them to regular text messages and sends them to my phone. However, many of them have caused an error on the VM system and not gone through since about December 14.

After further testing, it appears that emails sent from Bluehost's servers are the ones being rejected. Others are getting through. Is your system blocking Bluehost-originated emails for some reason? Or is it a bug?

Agent

Hello, @kscheidegger. Thanks for contacting us. Let's take a look at this. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN?

Whiz Kid

There is nothing to be gained from poking around inside my account. I have done that. If the problem were there, I would have found it and fixed it already.

What I need is for someone at Virgin Mobile to find out what "internal error #AUP1280" means on your mail server. For emails from one source to trigger an "internal error" while identical emails from another source do not is just plain weird.

Agent

Hi there, @kscheidegger. What phone are you using? Have you tried a different email address?