Virgin Mobile

Got a new (to me) galaxy s5 cant activate..

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Got a new (to me) galaxy s5 cant activate..

Hey i just got a used galaxy s8, i had a s5 before... anyway the galaxy IS for Virgin Mobile, it says virgin mobile when it starts and everything, but didn't come with a sim card... the one in my s5 wont fit because the s8 uses a micro sim... soooo i purchased a sprint activation kit witch includes the micro sim... the kit says it works with virgin mobile and the card that held the sim has the Virgin Mobile logo on it and everything.... when i try and activate it and type in the ICCID from sim it just says "cant find sim" or something like that like i typed in the wrong number... is this a bad sim card?? How can i get my s8 activated??? Oh also this sim was listed as compatible with the s8... thought it was all good... guess not Smiley Sad did i just waste a bunch of money?
7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Got a new (to me) galaxy s5 cant activate..

Hey there, @ttwinsupra! Thank you for reaching out. Do you already have an account with Virgin Mobile? if so, we can help you to get the phone activated if it is an original Virgin phone.

Whiz Kid

Hey, thats good to hear. ya i have an account with virgin, my s5 is a virgin phone im using now, and ya the s8 is virgin. Guess i should just call customer service?
Agent

We can help! Please send us your number, PIN, and IMEI of the new phone-- via a private message. We believe that you may have to buy a new SIM card for the phone though.

Whiz Kid

I no one sells virgin sim cards, no stores anywhere... i called vm support and they told me that you also have no sim cards either.... where am i supposed to get a working sim card at??? Do you still sell them???
Agent

Have you tried to purchased it on our website from this link: https://www.virginmobileusa.com/plans/bring-your-device.html. If it does not allow you to buy it, please let us know. 

Whiz Kid

It says its only sells them for iphone... will it still work on my android s8?
Agent

Understood. Have you inserted the IMEI number? If so, did you get any error?