Virgin Mobile

Help buying a new phone

Whiz Kid

Help buying a new phone

Hi....I've been a VM customer for years and always purchased phones in retail stores but now the selection is not good.  I have tried to buy a new phone from the VM website for over a week and it never works, it will either freeze, or revert to the previous page, or give me a "this is emabarassing" message that the website doesn't work.  OK so I'll call, and three different customer service people have tried and had no luck getting the purchase to go through even though I've tried different credit cards that I know are valid and have never been declined anywhere,  and even called the credit card company in advance to make sure the card is not disabled and to make sure it is going to get a valid charge from VMUSA.  Still nothing.  The 2nd CS claimed that VM has me blocked from purchasing a new phone but can't explain why or how to fix it.  This is the 9th day and a rediculious amount of time trying to spend my money just to buy a new phone.  CS has been helpful and even given me a free month of service, but why can't someone figure out what the problem is and fix it?  Any help would be appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: Help buying a new phone

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, jim08087. Have you tried to clear the cookies and the cache? 

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

No I haven't. I'll Gove it a try.

Great! Please let us know if you still have trouble placing your order.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue. When I first tried to buy a phone, I got all the way to the payment method when it wouldn't go through (and I have no issues with that credit card). I called customer service and she said she would send a note to the IT dept or something to have the issue looked at (basically it was the website's fault). This weekend I tried again and got the same "well this is embarrasing" message. I emailed customer service this time and he told me the same as above (clear cache etc). That didn't work. I don't have another computer or browser to try (even though I'm using a Mac and Safari, which seems pretty standard). HELP!! If I continue to have this problem, I will be taking my business elsewhere. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a phone...any other suggestions/solutions? Is Virgin actively working to fix this issue?

Don’t fret, ErinEH! We’ve got you. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Whiz Kid

Yes, cleared cookies and cache and still no luck.  When I call and speak to a CSR they still can not sell me a new phone.  Trouble with my credit card.

Whiz Kid

Hey, I finally was able to order a new phone.  I wasn't ready to wait this long but I was able to order new phone on line

Agent

Hello, jim08087. We're sorry to hear about this experience. We want to help! Have you also tried to place the order from a different browser or device?

Agent

That's so good to hear! Thank you for choosing Virgin Mobile. We remain at your service.