Virgin Mobile

Help factory reset UL40 cell phone with no home button. Crashes, freezes, boot loops [SOLVED]

Whiz Kid

Re: Help factory reset UL40 cell phone with no home button. Crashes, freezes, boot loops [SOLVED]

Hello I know the frustration and hate of this phone since I've had a few of them.. My best advice is to follow the tutorial here Help factory reset UL40 cell phone with no home button. Crashes, freezes, boot loops [SOLVED] the answer is very good. Next go to goggle play and download Malwarebytes they are a company who do antivirus right I use them on my desktop computer and never had a problem' Next run a full scan. from there follow the instructions. The application that is creating the freeze ups is a malicious pre installed in the phone called Wireless update it is the reason you get so many pop ups for unwanted games. You can't completely uninstall it but it is able to be blocked and quarantined

Whiz Kid

Re: Help factory reset UL40 cell phone with no home button. Crashes, freezes, boot loops [SOLVED]

My issue is the ANS UL40 has stopped showing any support for file transfer via USB cable.  It used to be recognized as a USB drive by my Windows 7 computyer and I could move files like photos and videos from the phone to the computer and from the computer to the phone.

But now when I attach the USB cable it only charges from the computer USB port and Windows now reports 2 removable media drives which request a disk to be inserted.  The devices only appear when the phone is connected by the cable and immediately disappear when disconnected.

My questions are:  1. have you seen or heard of anything like this happening before?  and 2.  would a factory reset be the only way to restore the USB cable file transfer functionality?

Agent

Hi there, TomK. Thanks for contacting us. 

Just to be sure that the problem is on the phone (or not), make sure to try with a different cable and/or a different computer. The cable being defective or computer's drivers issues could also be the source of the issue.