Virgin Mobile

Hotspot trouble connecting after 25 min.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Hotspot trouble connecting after 25 min.

I recently bought a hotspot for 10 dollars and 2gb. It was working fine from my samsung galaxy j7 and other devices, but after a certain 25 minutes it stopped working and the internet connection failed every time I tried to reconnect. I checked my data plan and I had plenty of data left. I even went to reset and back up to reset the settings for my hotspot and then updated my profile but still I cant connect. Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Hotspot trouble connecting after 25 min.

Hi there, Kc310! Sorry to hear that. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

10 REPLIES
Agent

Hi there, Kc310! Sorry to hear that. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

Whiz Kid

I figures it out already, thanks though. I had burned through the alotted amount of gb I was given due to a download and what sucks is that one cant use up their own data from their plan as it is seperate from the actual hotspot add on. If anything getting back to people with a "please send us a private message" doesn't really help as it basically is the same thing as calling the customer service number and getting solutions through there instead of waiting around for nothing. Again thanks, but the help service can definitely improve.
Enthusiast

What was the solution?.I'm having this problem and am fed up with not getting a human on the phone or any sort of real answer.
Enthusiast

I'm having this same problem and can't get anyone on the phone to help.
Agent

Hello seasicksmile, lets get you sorted out. What phone do you have? 

Enthusiast

HTC desire
Enthusiast

The connection shows up on my list of WiFi connections on my computer, I click connect and enter the passcode. A browser window opens on its own and the virgin mobile website loads where I am already signed in. It doesn't ask me to do anything further but won't allow me to go to any other website. When I do, it says I'm not connected to the internet. It behaves as if there should have been some sort of log in or "click to continue to internet" prompt, but no such thing happens. I've checked my pop up blocker, thinking the browser caught it, but nope.
There's an exclamation point on the WiFi icon and it says "connected, no internet".
Agent

Seasicksmile, please send us a private message with your phone number and pin so we can look into this for you. 

Enthusiast

How do I send a private message?