Virgin Mobile

How do I get a SIM card?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

How do I get a SIM card?

I need a new sim card to activate my Samsung Galaxy S8 as Virgin Mobile says my s5 card is incompatible. The representative told me to visit a Sprint store to get a sim card. I drove 90 minutes and waited in line for 35 minutes  (after calling to verify they had one), to be told they cannot give me one for Virgin Mobile and to go to Walmart. Walmart only had sim cards compatible with iphone.

I have tried calling customer support twice tonight only to be put on hold for the technical department for 30 minutes each time, in which I hung up. 

Why am I getting the run around?! How in the heck do I order a sim card for my new Galaxy s8????

7 REPLIES

Re: How do I get a SIM card?

Hi there! Thanks for your inquiry. Is the Samsung Galaxy S8 a Virgin Mobile phone?

Enthusiast

Yes it is. The first rep I talk to confirmed it. I tried again today and couldn't get through to technical support. 😒 My phone screen on my s5 is flashing all the time, so I've been without a phone and activating the s8 has been ridiculous due to the sim card.
Agent

Unfortunately, the SIM card compatible with your device is currently out of stock. 

Enthusiast

Wow. Well, when will it be in stock? This is kind of ridiculous that I can't upgrade my phone without such hassle. I've been with Virgin Mobile for 16 years and it just gets harder and harder to upgrade.
Agent

We're really sorry, but we don't have information as to when that SIM card will be back in stock. 

Enthusiast

So, I literally just wasted hundreds of dollars.
Agent

We'd like to take a closer look at this. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, and IMEI of the Samsung Galaxy 8.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".