Virgin Mobile

How do you contact the *****?

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

How do you contact the *****?

I had been with Virgin Mobile for about 6 or 8 years.  Saturday, My family decided to switch to Cricket cellular as they had a family plan which would be much more economical.  We called Virgin Mobile to port our phones over.  The first person we spoke to said it would be no problem to port them.  The second person we spoke to said we couldn't port my kid's lines because they hadn't had their phones on Virgin for 12 month.  Mind you we have had service with them for 6 years.  We escalated that call at that point and spoke to "Sheila" in customer service who assured us they could override the 12 month period and unlock the kids' phones in 24 to 48 hours.  because of her assurance (heard by 2 other adults beside myself) we switched the whole gang to Cricket.  I sent my kids off to college with their phones with the understanding that the phones would be unlocked within 24 to 48 hours.  After 48 hours the phones were not unlocked.  I called and spent another 3 hours on the phone with customer service who repeated the 12 month policy about 10 times but refused to hear the part about Virign Mobile promising to over ride the unlock.  At that point they said they would send the call to "quality" to review and escalate the call again.  Tuesday I called and they said it hadn't been 24 hours and they hadn't heard anything.  Today I called and they said the case had not been escalated but they would escalate it today but it would take until Saturday to hear anything.  It is now 4 days, my kids are at college with no way to make or receive calls or texts and no recourse except to spend over $200 for new phones.  If I hadn't been assured by Sheila on Saturday that they would unlock the phones I would have waited until summer to switch and everyone would be safe with cellular service.  Now they are hundreds of miles away with no service in the winter. I know that the 12 month of activity rule was not in effect when we first signed up with Virgin and because I buy phones myself from stores no one told me that rule. I feel that every customer service person I talke to says whatever they need to say to get me off the phone and put me off more.  I feel that no one tells the truth and I can't trust anything they say and there is no where for me to go from that customer service number.  I feel that Virgin Mobile promised me something and whether they were wrong or not they need to make good on their word.  It isn't my problem that Sheila misspoke, the safety of my children is at stake and I shouldn't have to pour out more money for new phones when they have perfectly good phones right now. What can I do now?!?

2 REPLIES
Agent

Re: How do you contact the *****?

Hey there @angrymom. We're so sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we do have an unlock policy, that cannot be overridden. If the device has not been activated for more than 12 months, we're unable to process the unlock request. We'd like to review the account. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? Please, include phone numbers and pins for all accounts.

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the option to send me a Message. 

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Re: How do you contact the *****?

I have private messaged you regarding this issue.  I hope that this is honestly dealt with.  This matter is above and beyond policy but deals with honest business practices.  I really don't trust getting an honest answer from anyone in the company.  I look forward to what you can provide.

Thanks