Virgin Mobile

Invalid SIM Card

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Invalid SIM Card

Hi Everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7. I've had it for a couple years now with no issues. Now, I am getting an Invalid SIM Card error and its not letting me make calls, receive calls, send messages or receive them. I tried to take the card out and put it back in, as well as restarting the phone, and doing a factory reset to no avail. Please help?

10 REPLIES 10
Agent

Re: Invalid SIM Card

Hello, teeveeyou! We're sorry about the issues you're having with your service. We'd love to assist you. Can you send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, and complete address to review this? 

Whiz Kid

I am having this exact same problem. Can you help me as well?

Thanks!

- Andrew

Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue. Could you help me as well? 

Agent

Sorry to hear that, @finnishfork. Let's take a closer look at this. Can you please let us know the make and model of your phone? Did you try to remove and re-insert the SIM card?

Enthusiast

I have done that several times. The phone is a Samsung G7. 

Agent

Can you please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI, and SIM card numbers so we can take a closer look?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Whiz Kid

Also having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S7. When I restart my phone or remove then reinsert the SIM Card it works fine for about 5 minutes and then I get the Invalid Sim Card error. What is strange is when I go into Settings>About Phone>Status>SIM Card Status it has my network listed as T-Mobile. I've had this phone for a couple of years and have been using Virgin Mobile for well over 10 so I have no idea why T-Mobile would be listed there.

Agent

Hey there @Somnus Are you using the SIM card that came with the device? 

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

@Joy1713  Yes and I purchased the device new