Virgin Mobile

Is Virgin Mobile discontinuting Android?

SOLVED
Agent

Re: What happens to those of us who prefer Android?  Do I need to look for another provider, now?

Hi Almondy1963. We still offer Android devices. You can find them in this website https://www4.virginmobileusa.com/#!/shop/phones/@Android/. We will continue to sell Android devices through the fall of 2018. However, after the fall of 2018 Virgin Mobile will stop selling new Android phones.

Whiz Kid

Re: What happens to those of us who prefer Android?  Do I need to look for another provider, now?

Most of your Android phones are out of stock.  Do you plan to get more in (i.e. were these just sold out for Christmas) or is this the end of the line?

Agent

Hi, @mcmarya We'll continue to sell Android devices until Fall of 2018. However, we don't have an estimated time about when out of stock devices will be available again to share with you right now.

Whiz Kid

Ok where the he'll have you hidden the Android phones now? I don't want anything from Apple when they slow down the older models to force people into constantly updating. If you keep this crap up I'll be forced to find another company. It's a shame I've recommended you folks fora free years now, after thisI will be warning people away.
Agent

.@Sidewinder So sorry to hear that you feel this way.

You may check the current android list available by accessing this link:

https://www4.virginmobileusa.com/#!/shop/phones/@Android/.html

- E.J.

Enthusiast

What will happen to the android phones after the fall of 2018? What are your future plans for Android based phones?

Agent

Hi there, @jordankeck! We will continue to support android customers service, to find out the future android plans check out our community https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Android-Devices/The-Future-of-Android-and-Virgin-Mobile-USA...

Rising Star

If anyone wants to know the future of Android phones and Virgin, just look in the Android Forum.   What's that?  There is no Android forum?  Yep, it's gone.   Remember just a short time ago the free streaming music providers were proudly displayed for those of us with Android plans?  Yep, those are gone too.  I had to dig deep to find those.   See ANY mention of Android at all on the front pages?  Nope.  Gone.   This is your future, Android users.  We helped build Virgin and this is our thanks.  T-Mobile looks like the best option now, especially those who are 55+.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Is Virgin Mobile discontinuting Android?

It's obvious they have some sort of deal with apple to steer customers to iPhone by making it next to impossible to finding the Android purchase page. Combine that with the throttling back of old Iphones and I have utter disdain for that brand. I hope Apple crashes and burns in hell.
Whiz Kid

Re: Is Virgin Mobile discontinuting Android?

The short answer is yes? Yes, from what I've seen, after this 'mid-2018' we're probbly all going to get shipped over to Boost Mobile. 

What's funny is, last month I didn't notice a change when I signed in to pay my bill. Now, when I signed in today, there was an 'assurance wireless' logo on my login page, and the Andriod devices are buired. (If you want to find them, look for a purple page-break bar on the front page).

I tried emailing customer support for information as soon as I found out, and just got some automated garbage spat back out at me.  I don't have the $$$ to get a new phone or a new(more expensive) plan somewhere else. I had to use Boost Mobile for the better part of a year once(I moved, needed a new phone that day, and that's all I could get in my prce range) and the service was terrible. (Basically, don't ever leave the interstate if you want service!) 

I made this community account thing just to post how utterly dissapointed I am. I've been using this company since 2008. My first phone was the Kyrocera K9. I was so sad when my dad made us get AT&T for a few years because the service wasn't as good. As stated above, my time with Boost Mobile wasn't exactly stellar. 

I've no idea what's going on with this company anymore. When were they going to tell us about this?