Is Virgin Mobile discontinuting Android?

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Is Virgin Mobile discontinuting Android?

I want to buy a new Android phone for my graduating high-school senior, but only see iPhones listed on their website. Our family is firmly in the Android camp. Is this temporary, or will we have to switch carriers if we want to continue to use and buy new Androids as technology advances?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

What happens to those of us who prefer Android?  Do I need to look for another provider, now?

I've been with Virgin Mobile as my carrier since 2005, and have always preferred Android.  I've been happy with the service from Virgin, and until now, have never entertained any thought of switching to a different carrier.

I assume that they will continue to support my extant phone, but what about when the time comes to replace it?  At that point, if I prefer to stay wuith an Android phone, will I need to look for a different carrier?

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94
Agent

Re: Is Virgin Mobile discontinuting Android?

@mbabbe Do you already have an account with Virgin Mobile USA?

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Yes, but I logged in an still only see iPhones. My concern is not for today, but if they stop acquiring new Androids then I will need to change carriers
Agent

@mbabe Do you see the menu that says "I Want ....." you should see an option that says "Upgrade to New Android". Let us know, if you're able to see that option.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

do you have to be signed into your account to find the i want spot?

i can't find it anyhere 

Agent

@lward  Yes, you need to sign on My Account, so you can see the option.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

I had the same question and finally found the list of Android phones under the "I want" section mentioned above. I think it's ridiculous that in place of "shop" now it only says "iPhone". You have to DIG and HUNT for those Android options and you have to have an account with VM before you can shop for them at all. That seems really, really weird.

Agent

@vmuder12 We understand your concerns. This new website may cause some confusion in our existing customers. We apologize for the confusion. We'll make sure to pass the feedback along. We appreciate your loyalty.

~JoyP.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

What happens to those of us who prefer Android?  Do I need to look for another provider, now?

I've been with Virgin Mobile as my carrier since 2005, and have always preferred Android.  I've been happy with the service from Virgin, and until now, have never entertained any thought of switching to a different carrier.

I assume that they will continue to support my extant phone, but what about when the time comes to replace it?  At that point, if I prefer to stay wuith an Android phone, will I need to look for a different carrier?

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

The question needs to be asked—what is more important to Virgin Mobile, your customers, or your deal with Apple?