Virgin Mobile

LG Stylo 3 Won't turn on

Whiz Kid

LG Stylo 3 Won't turn on

I left my phone not charging last night with over 30% battery remaining. I woke up this morning and it worked briefly only to shut off unexpectedly. I tried holding the power button down to turn it back on but it didn't work. I tried to clear it by pulling the battery and holding the power for up to a minute but that didn't work either. I've tried multiple times to connect it to a PC/otherwise but the power button simply does not work. It also doesn't appear to be charging when plugged in.

With that said, I've done further troubleshooting by using an older phone with a shattered screen. The battery works on that one just fine, as does the charger; however, it's otherwise unusable. 

For my current phone, there is no evidence of water damage, it had not been dropped, and there's no other reason I can think of for it to abruptly shut off. It appears to be an issue with the power button, but that also wouldn't explain why it shut off which leads me to wonder if something shorted - again, without it being used all night, this seems strange.

Anything that could be used to further troubleshoot without having to open the phone would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: LG Stylo 3 Won't turn on

Hey there! We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons and let us know what happens. 

Whiz Kid

Hi Jamie,

The phone does not respond to the power key and the volume down button combination.

Agent

Thanks for letting me know. Please send me a Private Message with your phone number and PIN.