Virgin Mobile

LG Stylo 4 resetting bluetooth and WiFi

Highlighted
Enthusiast

LG Stylo 4 resetting bluetooth and WiFi

I have had this phone for 5 days and it is already making me frustrated. Several times a day the Bluetooth and WiFi radios just power cycle randomly. Then half the time when they restart they do not reconnect. Then half the time they do reconnect they don't work. My music will be "playing" but no sound will come from my headphones or car head unit, or the WiFi will be connected but will have no internet. This is a problem that simply is unacceptable at this point in history. Bluetooth and WiFi are pretty old hat at this point and should not be causing issues like this on a release product.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: LG Stylo 4 resetting bluetooth and WiFi

Don’t you fret, bigdatapimp! We’ll get you all sorted out. Where was this device purchased?

Enthusiast

I purchased it from the Virgin Mobile USA website.

Agent

Have you tried factory resetting your phone? 

Enthusiast

I should mention that I am very familiar with troubleshooting. I have many years expeince in IT, and I did tech support for cell phones as well as other products.

I have had it less than 1 week and it has done this since I got it. A factory reset will do nothing since it is a fresh phone. Since I purchased a new phone it better not have been an A stock return that was sent to me.

Agent

Did you check for system updates? 

Enthusiast

Sure did. It did all kinds of automatic system uopdates after activation first. I also manually checked for updates.

Agent

Understood. You can return the device for a full refund within 7 days of the purchase date, or contact LG warranty for assistance. You have a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer.

Enthusiast

So you're telling me that you think the phone is expeincing a hardware failure?

Do you normally make such diagnosis' without any troublethooting, or just online? Would I get actual assistance if I were to call?

Doesn't Virgin Mobile support the products that they sell? Is my only recourse really to contact the manufacturer? There is no way I will be able to return the phone within 7 days at this point, and there is no way LG would send me an advanced replacement. Also, since I don't replace phones just because, my old phone is no longer functional. That would leave me without a phone until a replacement was recieved.  That is simply unacceptable.

Agent

We do understand your concern, @bigdatapimp. Based on the information provided and the troubleshooting steps you did, we can confirm that your phone has an issue. Therefore, we're giving you the possibility (if you still within the 7-day period) to start a refund process that way you can get the money back. If we wait until the 7th day, we may not be able to refund. I understand that, you don't want to be without a phone, but this is your best option. If you agree, please send us a private message with your order number, that way we can start the refund process for you.