Virgin Mobile

LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400

SOLVED
Agent

Re: LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400

You are very welcome and we apologize for this inconvenience. We continue to work with this issue. 

Whiz Kid

Is there a fix for this problem?  I just bought this lg x chaerge yesterday and am having the same problem.  It only happens on wifi though.  

Should I just return the phone?

Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, @gundersonaudio. We’d be happy to help. Please, follow these steps to clear the cache of the Mobile ID app:

-Open “Settings”.
-Go to the “General” tab.
-Tap “Apps” > “All”.
-Tap "Mobile ID".
-Tap “Clear cache”.

When complete, please power-cycle the device and let us know if the problem persists.

Highlighted
Heavy Hitter

Tuesday morning...still getting error message.

Agent

Really sorry about the trouble, @Turlagh. We’re looking into this! Your patience in the meantime is definitely appreciated.

Whiz Kid

Same issue here, got the phone online from Virgin last week, I've tried every suggestion on here and it's not stopping the cycling failed updates. I can confirm taking it off wifi stops it from happening, but that's not a solution - hoping one is coming soon.

Agent

Hi, @Croz99 Our team is looking into this. Your patience in the meantime is definitively appreciated.

Heavy Hitter

"Hi there hamberfim. We have submitted updates on this issue. Please allow us 24-48 hours for an update. Victor21" ~ May 20, 2018~

We are well into 72 hours, any update?

Agent

Hi Hamberfim! Please send us a Private Message and we'll be glad to look into this for you!

Enthusiast

I'm seeing this as well. "Unable to install Default. Unable to install all contents. 1 Code: 400"

Phone is an LG X Charge purchased online from the VM store and delivered yesterday, 5/23/18.

The following actions have been taken with no relief:

• Mobile ID: forced stop, cleared data, cleared cache
  • Mobile Installer: forced stop, cleared data, cleared cache
  • Download Manager: forced stop, cleared data, cleared cache
  • Google Play Store: forced stop, removed updates, cleared data, cleared cache
  • ##SCRTN## from phone keypad
  • ##BRAND## from phone keypad
  • Master Reset, restart with backup
  • Master Reset, restart from scratch

In short, I have used all of the methods suggested by support personnel in this message thread, along with a few found in outside conversations on the same subject.

• Is there any progress on finding a solution for what appears to be a fairly common problem, particularly among newer Virgin and Sprint phones?
  • Has this issue been escalated to a higher support tier?
  • Is there any recourse for accumulated downloads using up a considerable portion of the customer's data plan?
  • Is this required software necessary for the day-to-day operation of the device? If not, it doesn't seem very cost-effective to divert support resources away from more important issues.
  • Will there be any bill credits for customers who are having to expend their own time to fix a problem that seems, on its surface, to be completely unnecessary.

I have been a Virgin customer for many years, with little to no complaints. I would really hate for this to be the reason I switch to another provider. It seems like such a waste.