Virgin Mobile

LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400

SOLVED
Agent

Re: LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400

You're welcome. If you have any other question or concern, feel free to reply.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I don't know about anyone else. My phone was fine up till a week ago when my phone did an android update. The problem is back and it is killing my battery and data. Fix this problem please.
Agent

Sorry to hear that, RussWalker. Can you please provide us with the closest cross streets and zip code to your current location?

Community Manager

Create an additional home screen for so the contents can be downloaded.

@RussWalker wrote:
I don't know about anyone else. My phone was fine up till a week ago when my phone did an android update. The problem is back and it is killing my battery and data. Fix this problem please.

Whiz Kid

Sprint owns Virgin Mobile lol
Enthusiast

FWIW:  The post dated 06-12-2018 11:27 AM stating it's a "final update" because the problem has been "solved" is not a solution! 

My phone is an LG Stylo 4 and I have this problem daily for all four months that I've been using it, including 3 times today during my first 20 minutes on the phone with Virgin Mobile tech support. 

For me this is more than a quirk:  I use my phone for my business work, and the error dialog pops up randomly while I am typing or entering data into an app.  It is getting in the way of my work.

I have tried, during these four months, all steps I can find in this thread and similar threads on the Sprint website:

• Factory reset
  • Entering ##xxxxxx# (I found several six-digit codes)
  • Powering down the phone and restarting a few mintues later (and one time a week later, after a hospitalization when I let the phone battery die).  Since I purchased the phone in November 2018, all these re-boots were after the "final update" of 06-12-2018.

So today I phoned Virgin Mobile tech support at 1-888-322-1122.  After 10 minutes on hold and another 12 minutes with Tier 1 support whose advice didn't work, I was "transferred" to Tier 2 with a warning not to hang up the phone I was calling them from.  That's OK: I am eager to cooperate and wait my turn if the problem will be fixed.

25 minutes later, with no one picking up and with my having no direct number to reach Tier 2, after a total of 47 minutes on the phone trying to get help, the call dropped!  No one from Virgin Mobile will call me back, as no one from tech support took a number where I can be reached.

I am not going to call Virgin Mobile Tech Support again unless I know I can speak with someone with a deep knowledge of this problem that, according to a Google search, crosses manufacutrer and phone models (LG X and Stylo 4 at the very least, and Samsung Galaxy S8+, S9 and S9+) but all on the Sprint network.

If anyone from Virgin Mobile is actually reading this, please contact me directly.  Because I am registered to post on this forum, you have

• my name
  • account information and
  • contact information.  But you also have...
  • formerly happy customer of 8 years who put his entire family on Virgin Mobile, and you are at risk of losing this entire account to another company that knows how to provide customer service.

Thank you.

Agent

Hey there, @atreitman! We're deeply sorry to hear about this situation. In order to help, please send us a private message. We'll do our very best to assist you there!

Enthusiast

OK, how do I do that? Is there an email address to use?

I see there's an "Email us your question" form on the Contact Us page

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 11.43.36 AM.pngbut there's no way to attach a graphic or any other documentation.  I want to show you what the problem is.  Maybe I should just show you here, although your response ("please send us a private message") suggests an unwillingness or inability to deal with this in a User forum.

But just to put it out there, here's a screenshot of one of the many, many times it happens:Screenshot_2019-02-16-09-29-43.png

It happens randomly, many times per hour, while I'm trying to write to my boss, my wife, or others, while I'm reading email, watching a video clip, dialing a phone number, etc., and I can't do anything unless I click "Cancel."  It even happens when I'm not using the phone but just looking at it on my desk. It's a completely random occurance that just needs to go away.

I'll follow up on the "Contact Us" form, referring to this message.

Agent

We're sorry, there isn't a way to attack an image. It will be enough that you let us know in the email your username here in the community, and we'll see the screenshot you just sent to us. In this case, we'll have to escalate this issue, since you let us know you followed basic troubleshooting procedures. Please, send us your account info through a Private message so we can escalate this situation. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message". Thanks! ~AmyM25

Community Manager

Looking at your screenshot, you only have one Home Screen and it's full.  You are getting the error because the device is attempted to download apps to the home screen and there is no room.  Created an additional home screen and the error will go away.

FWIW:  Asking for you to send a PM is not an unwillingness to help, it's a way to ask for additional information such as private information to access your account, that you do not want to place in a public forum.

@atreitman wrote:

OK, how do I do that? Is there an email address to use?

I see there's an "Email us your question" form on the Contact Us page

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 11.43.36 AM.pngbut there's no way to attach a graphic or any other documentation.  I want to show you what the problem is.  Maybe I should just show you here, although your response ("please send us a private message") suggests an unwillingness or inability to deal with this in a User forum.

But just to put it out there, here's a screenshot of one of the many, many times it happens:Screenshot_2019-02-16-09-29-43.png

It happens randomly, many times per hour, while I'm trying to write to my boss, my wife, or others, while I'm reading email, watching a video clip, dialing a phone number, etc., and I can't do anything unless I click "Cancel."  It even happens when I'm not using the phone but just looking at it on my desk. It's a completely random occurance that just needs to go away.

I'll follow up on the "Contact Us" form, referring to this message.