Virgin Mobile

LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400

SOLVED
Agent

Re: LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400

Hi there jacquehyaena. There has to be an application on your account that enables this downloads automatically. Have you consider doing a hard reset and setting the phone back to factory default? Victor21

Whiz Kid

I am getting this same pop up.  I have tried the powercycle and does not work.  I have not done a factory reset because I would rather not have to do that and lose information on my phone.  Could you provide us with an update as to what Virgin Mobile is doing to correct this issue? 

Also, this thread is showing as solved when obviously it is not. Virgin Mobile should update it so it's not misleading to others.

Agent

Hey there, khendrickson! We're sorry that you continue to have issues. Have you tried clearing the app data and cache? If yes, the best solution is to perform a factory reset. 

Whiz Kid

None of these fixes worked for my phone (LG X Charge), and it seems not to be working for others either. This problem began about a week ago after one of those mandatory updates. It keeps downloading apps like 1 Weather, Tidal, Uber, NextRadio, and a ton of boost apps. And every single time I uninstall them they come back! It's wasting my data and storage space. Can LG send out an update to fix this? Because it seems that not only the Virgin Mobile carriers are experiencing issues, but Sprint and Boost Mobile users as well.
Agent

Hi, Spice. Have you tried to disable automatic app updates? Follow these steps:

1. Open Google Play.
  2. Tap the three horizontal lines icon on the top-left.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Auto-update apps.
  5. Select Do not auto-update apps.
Whiz Kid

Yes I have turned that off in Google Play. I'm getting the same error code as these others seem to be getting. I also turned off the option of downloading from outside sources in my settings. It doesn't seem to work. Every time I turn on my Wi-Fi or data it downloads these apps.
Agent

Unfortunately, you may not be able to uninstall apps such as Weather and the rest of Boost Apps since they are pre-installed apps. Are you getting a message saying "Low Memory"?

Whiz Kid

Not yet but it is a sizable chunk that I would rather have available... But it doesn't make sense to have them because I've had my phone for a few months now and there weren't any issues until this recent LG update. If I can't uninstall these apps that I really don't need, then that's just bad design 😕
Agent

In that case, you can disable apps that you do not use to free up space:
-Go to Settings > Apps and scroll over to the All tab for a complete list of your apps.
-If you want to disable an app simply tap on it and then tap Disable.

Whiz Kid

Yeah that cuts down on some of the space. It's a shame that I can't keep them off my phone, but I guess there's really nothing else to do for now. Thanks for the help and speedy replies though!