Virgin Mobile

Locked Sim card on new phone

Highlighted

Locked Sim card on new phone

Hi,

I just got my new Samsung Galaxy A10e and I got throught the activation process but it's stuck and saying that the Sim card is locked and to contact customer service. When I look on my account the new phone is linked to my number. 

I've tried removing and putting back in the Sim card and it's still says it's locked.

Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Locked Sim card on new phone

Hi there KryptonitePanda. Thank you for contacting us. Is the new phone you activated an actual Virgin mobile phone or an unlocked device from another carrier? Is the sim card you using, a new card or the old sim card from your previous device? Victor21

It is an acutal Virgin Mobile phone bought from the website. It is the Sim card that came with the phone. I've taken it out and put it back in again and it seems to work for a minute (I've gotten texts) but after a couple of minutes the phone will say the Sim card is invalid and another window on the phone says it is locked. 

Agent

Understood. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, and the sim card number. Victor21

Whiz Kid

I purchased the same Samsung A10e from Virgin Mobile online. Opened package, charged and attempted activation. Got the same locked SIM card error. Customer service told me to open the back of the phone (bad idea!) by prying the top via small hole. Lo and behold: NO SIM CARD inside. I am only writing this message because I was RIPPED OFF for $100 buying this piece of ***. The person on the customer care line had no idea what she was talking about and now I am out $100. BUYER BEWARE! shame on VM for knowingly selling trash phones that SHOULD work right out the box
Agent

Hi there, KryptonitePanda. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the phone. 

To better assist you, please send us a private message.