MMS available with no data plan on Android A10e?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

MMS available with no data plan on Android A10e?

I recently bought an Android A10e through Virgin Mobile and chose a no-data plan, which is supposed to include talking and texting.  Does this plan allow MMS messaging?  When I receive an MMS message the download icon appears.  If I click on the icon, it will spin, stop, then give a message "Network error".  After doing this once or twice, the error message doesn't appear, but nothing further happens.  I've tried this with wifi turned on and off.  I've tried searching through the forums and trying suggestions to fix MMS problems.  This phone does not allow me to change anything under connections -> mobile networks -> access point names, although I've seen several suggestions that is the problem.  The network mode is set to automatic.  I've tried manually setting to LTE/CDMA and back to automatic, and that doesn't help.  I thought when I was getting a plan that offered voice and texting, that all texts, i.e. MMS texts were included.  How do I get MMS texts to display?  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: MMS available with no data plan on Android A10e?

Hello. That plan does not include MMS. Multi-Media Messages require mobile data to be downloaded.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Hello. That plan does not include MMS. Multi-Media Messages require mobile data to be downloaded.

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

That's unfortunate, because we specifically chose this plan to text family members.  We found out that many of their texts are automatically converted to MMS before sending at their end.  Perhaps this should be made clearer in the plan information?

Whiz Kid

I recently purchased the same phone, and  I do have data on my plan. However, I am unable to send/receive MMS messages. Yet, I was able to send/receive them with my previous phone.

Agent

Can you send us a private message so we can assist you? 

Whiz Kid

Yes. How should I proceed?
Agent

Follow these steps:
Click on the user name of the Social care agent. You will be taken to their profile.
 Click the "Send this User a Private Message" located on the right hand side. 
Type your message in the new window and click Send.