Virgin Mobile

Moto G6 Play keeps saying SIM card locked and invalid

Whiz Kid

Moto G6 Play keeps saying SIM card locked and invalid

I've had my Moto G6 Play about 6 weeks.  I had it set to download a software update, which it had kept harassing me about for days, and afterwards it gave me tthe notification "SIM card is locked. Power cycle the device and if the issue persists, contact customer service." I have restarted the device 3 times, pulled the SIM card out and put it back in twice and each time, the notification comes back, along with a separate notification that says Invalid SIM Card. This was not an issue until the update that it insisted I download. What do I need to do to make the SIM card work again? 

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Moto G6 Play keeps saying SIM card locked and invalid

Hello, @komodokate. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Whiz Kid

How do I send a private message? Reply here or what? When I click your profile there is nowhere to send a message. And if everyone needs to send a private message to have their questions answered, as seems to be the case based on the responses, why isn't that just an option to begin with instead of wasting a whole day waiting for a response on the forum? Now, how do I either make my phone recognize the SIM card or get a new one sent to me? This all started after a system update and no amount of restarts or even a hard reset has fixed it.
Agent

To send a private message just click on the profile of any user and, in the next screen, click 'send this user a private message'. 

Agent

Is it asking for a PIN or PUK code? 

Whiz Kid

No there is nowhere to put in a pin or code. I direct messaged the person above 6 hours ago and haven't heard anything.
Agent

We'll have to send you a replacement. Please, send us a private message with the phone number and PIN. 

Whiz Kid

Thank you for replying. Pming you