Virgin Mobile

Moto e5 Play. No data.

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Moto e5 Play. No data.

Hi, I putchased a Moto e5 Play from Walmart and activated. I can text, make/receive calls, and use WiFi. But I can not use the internet without WiFi being on. Data is turned ON in settings. I have reset network settings, updated PRL, updated Profile, updated Motorola Software. I have 4 and 5 bars. But nothing is enabling cellular data usage. What am I missing?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: Moto e5 Play. No data.

For anyone else with a similar situation:  After dealing with Virgin support my ultimate solution was to do a factory reset on the phone.

I suspect that spotty WiFi service during the initial activation was the problem (it defaults to having you use WiFi during initial installation and activation since it downloads about 1 gig of data.)  After I ended up doing the factory reset there were a number of additional apps and processes installed on the phone and things are now working as expected.  Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES
Agent

Definitely want to look into this for you. Mind sending us a private message with the details? 

Whiz Kid

For anyone else with a similar situation:  After dealing with Virgin support my ultimate solution was to do a factory reset on the phone.

I suspect that spotty WiFi service during the initial activation was the problem (it defaults to having you use WiFi during initial installation and activation since it downloads about 1 gig of data.)  After I ended up doing the factory reset there were a number of additional apps and processes installed on the phone and things are now working as expected.  Smiley Happy

Whiz Kid

Moto e5 Play. Customer care can't find my phone number or pin

After repeated problems 3 times in 3 months (purchased at wall mart 3 mos. ago.) Moto e5 play , After calling customer care never could find the reason , and said everything was good on their end. Problem was I am not able to make or receive calls or texts, and calling care multiple times , trying to get it working again, each time I was told everything looks good on their end, (the virgin mobile customer care representatives) each time I was told with this occuring problem was ,to ' take my time and told to just go thru the settings and see what I could find, because nothing was wrong on virgin mobiles end." Just so its clear, customer service always acknowledge
me my number my account my pin etc. Everytime my phone had this occuring problem they told me it must be the phone its self, and good luck ok ,so long story short, the only way I was able to get the phone to work again till the next time was to completely wipe it to factory settings. Here now the PROBLEM I have to get fixed. Last evening out of the blue, same problem ,(unable to make voice call ) so I called customer care, checked my account and as always my account is active and paid in advance, w/ credit card same phone number for 9 years . The representative couldn't find my phone number whatsoever , note I have never changed my pin,# or phone number, the rep couldn't even find my number at all, or couldnt find my account ( first time for this,) the rep told me ( by the way I was using another phone) that I had to go to a virgin or a Sprint store so they could fix the account/ lost phone ,# problem that couldn't be fixed over the phone,".since I heard So I went to a Sprint store talked to a manager , he told me that he has seen this problem occasionally , where he said if this type of thing happens then most of the time the phone number is lost for good and there is no way to check to trace any information , ?? So my credit card on file in my name linked to my account number phone number is my only business number the number is on/in every business related , business directory s websites, Yelp, other advertising sites I've used for years. Can prove what ever I need to relating me to MY BUSINESSES NUMBER is on the work truck as well invoices old business cards new you name it. Right at the moment I am not doing to well, why, myself and family , only means of income, my business number somehow was lost in five minutes time? From one minute talking to a customer care representative call ended, called back gave my same account info # etc. To help me the original problem, not being able to make voice calls, when I called customer care back ,(just wthin minutes). I was told there is no record of me or could not find or pull up my (9 yr old ) virgin mobile number .help HELP

Re: Moto e5 Play. Customer care can't find my phone number or pin

We are so sorry for this experience, Shannon. Please give us the opportunity to change it for you! Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN, together with your device's IMEI?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.