Virgin Mobile

My MC760 stopped working

Whiz Kid

My MC760 stopped working

Hello,

I haved used this device for several years. Yesterday I had just renewed my plan and was in the middle of useing it when the green light turned orange and I was no longer able to get the device to be reconized by my computer. Can/Will someone help me?

Thanks Harold.....(Smiley Embarassed))

11 REPLIES 11
Whiz Kid

MC760 how do i switch network to 2G (1xRTT) from 3G (EVDO)

Hi

i can not find setting in modem's software broadband2go.

is there any hidden setting about it.

thanks

Agent

Re: MC760 how do i switch network to 2G (1xRTT) from 3G (EVDO)

Hi, EricpaulMC760. We'll assist you through the private message. 

Enthusiast

Re: My MC760 stopped working

I have the same problem. Orane/Amber light, manual says to reset it but no instructions. I had the problem when I first installed it, I believe the technician said to insert a paperclip in a hole somewhere while inserting it into the computer but I dont remember what hole so Im not going to blindly poke around. Please remind me which hole it is to reset, or is the paperclip trick for a different device? Either way Im interested in your solution as well.

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. We are here to help! Just to confirm: Did you try connecting the device to a different USB port?

Enthusiast

Yes I tried that, please confirm which  hole is for the reset, thanks.

Agent

Understood. This seems to be a driver related issue. You will need to visit the Novatel website to download the right USB drivers for your computer. This may really help solving the issue.

Enthusiast

Its not the drivers, the manual says it needs to be reset, there is a push button on the inside of the device that is used to reset the modem accessible through one of the small holes on the side. Please confirm which hole it is, or perhaps you have a schematic diagram of the inside of the unit. I will check the fcc website.

Agent

We reviewed the user guide for this device, it does not indicate a reset button, which you refer to small reset hole. Can you please send us the IMEI number of the device via a private message so we can look further into it?

Enthusiast

DSC07620 - Copy.JPGDSC07622.JPGDSC07624.JPG