Virgin Mobile

Need Help Unlocking an Old Un-activated LG

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Need Help Unlocking an Old Un-activated LG

in May of 2015 i purchased on Amazon a new Volt 2 for Virgion Mobile.  The next day my Mom surprised me by giving me her old Samsung and added me to her phone plan.  The Volt 2 i had just received  got tossed in a closet unopened and never activated or used.

I now have a friend who is down on his luck and just lost his cell phone.  He doesnt have the money to replace it because he was laid off 2 weeks ago. I offered to put him on my plan with sprint becuase the plan i have is so cheap to add a line and figuered i would give him my stashed Volt 2 since virgin works on the sprint network.

When i went to check the IMEI number on Sprints site, it came back with a message that said something to the effect that the phone qualified but i had to bring in to a Sprint store to activate it. Just to protect myself i called Virgin and asked if the phone was locked and exlained the whole situation to her.  She looked up my IMEI and claimed there were no hold on the phone and shouldnt have a problem bringing it to sprint. i asked her to triple check that information which she did and assured me all would be ok with Sprint...

i go to Sprint the next day to add my lineand though they didnt say it was locked, i was told i just couldnt use the device on their network.  So before i esculate this issue with Sprint.. i need to make 100% sure my device has no holds are on it anwhewre.... carrier hold, sim hold, device hold, any hold..

and for the record, i hate throwing away any electronics especially ones ive never used.  Again, this is th Volt 2 (LG LS751) it is no longer availbale...  i realize you need my IMEMI number but did not want to post it in the main room so ill send it as a PM once someoe responds...

Thank yiy

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Need Help Unlocking an Old Un-activated LG

Hi there! Unfortunately, since the phone has not been activated, it can not be unlocked. All of our phones are locked to our network, and in order to be eligible to be unlocked, they must remain active for at least 12 months on one account, having active service until the last month. You can find details about our unlocking policy here.

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Hi there! Unfortunately, since the phone has not been activated, it can not be unlocked. All of our phones are locked to our network, and in order to be eligible to be unlocked, they must remain active for at least 12 months on one account, having active service until the last month. You can find details about our unlocking policy here.

Whiz Kid

There's nothing that can be done? 

I've used virgin mobile for YEARS, and I bought an updated version of my old phone via ebay.

I don't think it has ever been activated, because even though the status page on the phone tells me it is virgin mobile, I was told that it wasn't compatible with their service.

I just want to upgrade my phone! 

Agent

Hi Iamthewesley93. Thanks for contacting us. We want to check that for you. Please, send us the device's info in a private message, so we can check that for you. ~AmyM25