Virgin Mobile

New Android Devices?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

New Android Devices?

VM,

I'm so confused...

I see now that there are new android devices under the Shop Phones area. What is going on with Android? I don't want to buy a new phone only to find out that I have to switch over to a new carrier anyway. 

If VM wanted to switch to iPhone, fair enough. But you should have let your android users know via a general text and you should have had a smooth transition over to Boost in place before you made the switch. 

I was always happy with VM until this whole thing took place. Nothing against iPhone, but I wish you had let us Android users know that the switch was coming up and not just popping it up on your website one day with only iPhones.

I know that an announcement was made in the news, but I didn't see it until I went to the site and only saw iPhones. Frankly, I don't go to the website often and do most of what I need to do through the phone, especially since I use autopay. I don't need to go to the site often unless I want a new phone.

I've been a VM customer for over 10 years now and have never considered switching until now.

So, what's the story VM? Do I need to switch over or are Androids here to stay?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: New Android Devices?

Hi, @Beth! We will still provide services and support to our Android customers. Androids are here to stay. 

17 REPLIES
Agent

Hi, @Beth! We will still provide services and support to our Android customers. Androids are here to stay. 

Whiz Kid

That's good to hear. I've had VM for a long time and didn't want to have to switch. 

But, pass on to corporate. If they decided they wanted to switch to all iPhone then fine, fair enough. BUT, they should have let the Android customers know via a general text and had a smooth transition to Boost in place Before the switch was made. I think a lot of customers don't visit the website regularly if we use autopay.

Agent

We apologize for the inconvenience @Beth. We've go back to offer service to Android device.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

If they are here to stay why are there so many "Out of Stock"?  

Agent

Hi, merchsupport1! We’re always working to provide you with the hottest devices, stay tuned!

Enthusiast

So I've been waiting for over a year for the Boost mobile transition that was supposed to happen for android users.  Is the android transition not happening anymore?

Is Virgin going to start selling android phones again?  I've had the same phone for 2 years and haven't upgraded because your Boost mobile transition.

Agent

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out. We actually have both Android and iOS phones on sale on our Web site at virginmobileusa.com. You can visit it to see all the phones we have available. Thanks. 

Enthusiast

That is all well, but what are the long term plans?  Do you still plan to switch Android to Boost?  If so I won't waste my money on another CDMA phone and get something GSM that I can move over to Boost.

Agent

We offer the monthly plans: $35, $45, $60. Since we  offer a variety of Android devices, we encourage you to buy our products. You can visit our website for more details.